Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Yea this WCQ round will be long and drawn out, but first two matches are later this November. Then AFCON in Jan/Feb, then two matches in Jun’24 so tbh, African nations need to start prepping now. This time next year we’d have played an AFCON and 40% of the 2026 WCQ matches. Not time to sleep.

I think Burkina will surprise Egypt tbh. Mali I think also tops the group, they’ve been getting closer and closer. Would like to see 1-2 debutants from CAF.

Side note: Qualifying as the potential 10th team from CAF is a nightmare. Need to win a two game CAF playoff, then another two game inter-confederation playoff….might actually be a blessing in disguise. Play 14 WCQ games and at least two games against other confederations so the squad is prepped for the WC

Still would rather just top my group and go to 2026:hubie:

I'd have preferred a 1st round to weed out some of the minnows first because I don't believe teams like Somalia or Eritrea are going thru a 10-game qualification process w/o withdrawing or getting suspended at some point.

But still this is much better than the old format where you could top the group and still go out in the playoffs.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
There must be a reason why they don’t sue these girls afterwards, cos there’s no way someone does this to your career and you just let that shyt go :hubie:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Not one lick but two lol

He was heavy very early on VeChain and the thing skyrocketed and he had another one I don't remember. That was like 2018 and he was very likely a millionaire then :ehh:
Crypto crash might explain why he's more active on his Walt alias these days
2883e9b779f3af80735eefbe514be555.png

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
They going after Pogba now because he's dapping it up with Mendy on Instagram.

All the footballers backing him as well.
Smh. Pogba supporting his countryman, Depay also bigging up Mendy.

Man been found innocent, the smear will always stay with him but he should be free to live his life.

Also City gonna have to pay him the 2.5 years of wages he missed out on.