Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps

Group A B and I the toughest.

Looking forward to these games - will be good for overall development of the federation.

It's hard to make predictions now since the qualification won't end till late 2025 but I have all pot 1 teams making it except for maybe Egypt (Burkina is tuff) and Mali (Ghana is a hard draw and they might bounce back).

Tunisia once again gets the easiest draw, suspicious :mjpls:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
It's hard to make predictions now since the qualification won't end till late 2025 but I have all pot 1 teams making it except for maybe Egypt (Burkina is tuff) and Mali (Ghana is a hard draw and they might bounce back).

Tunisia once again gets the easiest draw, suspicious :mjpls:
I predict Guinea to qualify from Group G :mjpls:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
What do you want for the striker position this summer? I cant do another season of Martial.

There's still little whispers of how Kane would prefer us over Bayern but I just can't envisage a world in which Levy would do any sort of (reasonable)business with us.

De Laurentiis is apparently saying he wants £150m for Osimhen, so I don't think he's going anywhere this summer.

I've accepted that the big hitters are off the table, so I'd be happy with Hojlund. My only concern with him is how he'd handle the pressure of being our only striker signing. He has bags of potential though.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

What do y'all think? :skip:

Glad my Crew passed on all of them. :whew:

columbus-crew.gif

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
There's still little whispers of how Kane would prefer us over Bayern but I just can't envisage a world in which Levy would do any sort of (reasonable)business with us.

De Laurentiis is apparently saying he wants £150m for Osimhen, so I don't think he's going anywhere this summer.

I've accepted that the big hitters are off the table, so I'd be happy with Hojlund. My only concern with him is how he'd handle the pressure of being our only striker signing. He has bags of potential though.
Yeah, I dont think Kane will happen but I think its an indictment on him because he should be forcing a move out of Spurs or atleast walking out of the club for free next summer. If he signs a new deal I will lose all respect for him.
Osimhen is not happening. I've only seen youtube highlights of Hojlund and yes I see some potential but the price Atalanta are quoting seems absurd. Anything over the £50m -£60m mark is crazy imo and will probably not help him interms of the pressure and his own development. I'm not sure he's ready to be our main striker.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Yeah, I dont think Kane will happen but I think its an indictment on him because he should be forcing a move out of Spurs or atleast walking out of the club for free next summer. If he signs a new deal I will lose all respect for him.
Osimhen is not happening. I've only seen youtube highlights of Hojlund and yes I see some potential but the price Atalanta are quoting seems absurd. Anything over the £50m -£60m mark is crazy imo and will probably not help him interms of the pressure and his own development. I'm not sure he's ready to be our main striker.
Hard to know with Hojlund, the English journos are saying the higher prices but Fabrizio(as much as i dislike most of his content) is being pretty adamant that the deal could be done for a fair bit lower, around the 50-60 mark, iirc.

I'm at a point now where I think we need to take chances on these players and just throw them in rather than miss out and be linked for 100+ mil down the line.