Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

97RmtJv.jpg

This real?

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
Bernardo Silva to the Saudi league? :lupe:

Those four teams abt to be in the champions league next season brehs

Or we getting that super league after all

These dudes really don’t play at all wow

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
Just need the Saudi league to pull out all the stops and get Pep out of England so the rest of us can stand a chance again.

It’s not abt pep breh…sure he gets the max out the city squad but a lot of managers would win the league at city…the prem needs a salary cap

But once u do that then them Saudis really gon be eating off the money they can offer these players

It’s over unfortunately…the saudis (Qataris too) have bought their way to the head of the table…just give them champions league access and teams need a hard salary cap

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Bernardo Silva to the Saudi league? :lupe:

Those four teams abt to be in the champions league next season brehs

Or we getting that super league after all

These dudes really don’t play at all wow

crazy
bernardo silva is only 28 and still at the top of his game but damn money talks

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
"WHAT THEY SAID: Writing on Twitter, Carragher said: "Bernardo Silva is in his peak years & has been one of the best players in Europe for the last five years! I wasn’t worried about the Saudi League taking players in their 30’s, a touch worried with players below the elite (Neves) but if this happens it feels like a game changer. Saudi have taken over Golf, the big Boxing fights & now they want to take over football!!This sports washing needs to be stopped!"

THE BIGGER PICTURE: Carragher's fellow Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville has called for an embargo to be placed on moves from the Premier League to Saudi Arabia until the source of the money funding such deals can be identified. His own impassioned plea came about after Chelsea were reported to be considering selling three players - Edouard Mendy, Hakim Ziyech, and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - to the Saudi league."

:mjlol::camby:

gringos always gotta be on top .. the font of wisdom, justice and all that is good in their own minds ..

where is john barnes when you need him ...

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

What does this humble, banged-up-Mini-Cooper-driving, dude spend all his money on? :jbhmm:

No wife or kids from what anybody can gather.

Chelsea's highest earner for the last few years and he has just walked into another massive bag.

The pessimest/hater in me says there must be something going on behind his veil of privacy.

My money says an expensive fetish/taste in women:mjpls:

:whoa::whoa::whoa:

Last I read Kante was getting extorted in France, I hope he's able to get all his money and get his life sorted out.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Where did you read that?
I think I originally read a translated L'Equipe article. Here's a report of Kante denying it.

N’Golo Kanté has denied he was threatened by someone carrying a gun months after his transfer to Chelsea amid an extraordinary dispute between his advisors.

The French investigations website Mediapart says Kanté was told that his main agent Abdelkarim Douis would be killed if he did not sack him. The meeting is alleged to have taken place in Rueil-Malmaison, a suburb of Paris, in March 2017, following a dispute over a €4.8m agents’ commission following his transfer to Stamford Bridge.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2019/nov/27/valencia-v-chelsea-champions-league-live
According to Mediapart, one of Kanté’s advisors, Rachid Saadna, along with his brother Houari, confronted the Chelsea midfielder and World Cup winner after Douis did not share any of the commission with Saadna.

Mediapart said it had a recording of Rachid Saadna saying: “Maybe my brother had a weapon,” but that he did not point the “gun” at Kanté. “My brother came cleverly … he did not come [to exert] violence on a small one. He gave him the choice.”

In the same recording, Mediapart says that Houari Saadna expressed this “choice” to Kanté in these terms: “I give you the choice. You work with a lawyer and you stop working with the other. Listen, I’m not kidding, either you resolve the problem or I kill Karim Douis, period.”

Kanté denied these threats
in an interview with Mediapart, while recognising a “discussion” that day with the Saadna brothers.

“I find your question tendentious,” he added. “I am a football professional, I do not live in a world of thugs,” he then replied via his lawyer.

Kanté also denied being put under any pressure in choosing who represented him. “You take me for an immature person,” he said. “Know that I am responsible, I make my choices freely and in conscience.”

Chelsea declined to comment when contacted by the Guardian.

Mediapart says neither Kanté nor his official agent went to the police – and in November 2018, when his contract was renegotiated with Chelsea, Douis shared the agent commission with Rachid Saadna. It adds that Houari Saadna refused to answer questions about the alleged threat and Rachid did not respond to its enquiries.