Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Are you following the plot brehs? From our operations inception in the jungles of South America to the land where West meets East? Pablo Equabar and Guru Lucas traffic to Africa...but that's south.

Only one man can take us to the orient.

It makes sense now, his absence, doesn't it?

The plan is already in motion.

Edmund Bryant is already preparing to flood chinamen with china white.

It's our world :ohlawd:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
i never got how there's any confusion at all. they dont cut to bobby baccala saying "you probably never see it coming" for no reason.

not to mention the film geek stuff - tony's perspective, then switch, then back to tony's, then switch, then black (which is dead tony's perspective)

i never really thought about how chris never saw it coming either, per se :ehh:
I hadn't even thought of that cause I was under the impression he'd killed baccala -before having seen a lot of the show- so until it was confirmed with the little prick from n.y. that it was phil who had him killed, I was under heavy suspicion Tony had it done over the fight/Janice coming to him over Jr, although the public style was obviously inappropriate for that kind of vendetta, plus intra-fam beefs didn't get handled that way anyway. Another note is how hilarious Don't Stop Believing I Now. It's still a cool song, and I much prefer hearing it on The Sopranos than in a club, but it's one remove from Pitbull "Hotel Room" now.

Carmella was one of the more loathsome characters.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Are you following the plot brehs? From our operations inception in the jungles of South America to the land where West meets East? Pablo Equabar and Guru Lucas traffic to Africa...but that's south.

it was written :ohlawd: Asian Scarface from notfunnyanddead
I hadn't even thought of that cause I was under the impression he'd killed baccala -before having seen a lot of the show- so until it was confirmed with the little prick from n.y. that it was phil who had him killed, I was under heavy suspicion Tony had it done over the fight/Janice coming to him over Jr, although the public style was obviously inappropriate for that kind of vendetta, plus intra-fam beefs didn't get handled that way anyway. Another note is how hilarious Don't Stop Believing I Now. It's still a cool song, and I much prefer hearing it on The Sopranos than in a club, but it's one remove from Pitbull "Hotel Room" now.

Carmella was one of the more loathsome characters.
i hate meadow the most. she's all liberal do gooder but the only reason she can DO anything is because of blood money.

one thing that is subtly (or not so much depending on the viewer maybe) brilliant is how awful tony was at being a boss. dude was so emotional and over the top, doing shyt as a boss that he was doing as a soldier :why:

deepest line in the show is when carmine, the old school boss from the OG families, says "The Don doesn't wear shorts"

KOTK

Pro
Daps
it was written :ohlawd: Asian Scarface from notfunnyanddead

i hate meadow the most. she's all liberal do gooder but the only reason she can DO anything is because of blood money.

one thing that is subtly (or not so much depending on the viewer maybe) brilliant is how awful tony was at being a boss. dude was so emotional and over the top, doing shyt as a boss that he was doing as a soldier :why:

deepest line in the show is when carmine, the old school boss from the OG families, says "The Don doesn't wear shorts"
I think in the latter half of the series she's barely a do-gooder at all. Again I'd read before I was it how her storyline ends, but the way she defends the mafie to her fiance and, earlier than that, her cousin afer jackie jr.'s death is a gradual decline. I think the last two scene's involving her career her father is trying not to laugh at her rationale for becoming a defense lawyer, and before that her mother is gutted that her drop out friend has got her shyt together and is in med school.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I mean it's not really subtle in one sense in that he's seeing a shrink, and in another sense we're shown one NY family and none of them are actually threatening to him (Carmine might represent the old breed, but none of Saccs, Little Carmine Da Gad or Leotardo are impressive), although a lot of that has to do with the dynamics of his screen time and Gandolfini's bulk. I can't remember the name of the dwarf who had him whacked, but that's the kinda willful oversight that irks, he was just a more intense version of Leotardo.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Save Our Shipment Edmund :blessed:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I think in the latter half of the series she's barely a do-gooder at all. Again I'd read before I was it how her storyline ends, but the way she defends the mafie to her fiance and, earlier than that, her cousin afer jackie jr.'s death is a gradual decline. I think the last two scene's involving her career her father is trying not to laugh at her rationale for becoming a defense lawyer, and before that her mother is gutted that her drop out friend has got her shyt together and is in med school.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I mean it's not really subtle in one sense in that he's seeing a shrink, and in another sense we're shown one NY family and none of them are actually threatening to him (Carmine might represent the old breed, but none of Saccs, Little Carmine Da Gad or Leotardo are impressive), although a lot of that has to do with the dynamics of his screen time and Gandolfini's bulk. I can't remember the name of the dwarf who had him whacked, but that's the kinda willful oversight that irks, he was just a more intense version of Leotardo.

phil was an overemotional bytch too, but he was gradually ripping tony's crew to shreds. tony had to murk his own cousin because he knew he couldn't handle a war with NY. it wasn't just phil either. the jersey guys were closest to the lupertazzi family, so when phil takes over and they're beefin, the other 4 families are going to remain neutral, at best. the dimeo-aprile-soprano family was on borrowed time, tony was lucky he got killed so he wouldn't take 100% of the blame for it.

i think it was more subtle to me because i was young when i started watching, and tony is still likeable in season 1. by the end, he's a complete prick, one i wanted to see get got actually. it took me a minute to distance myself from my initial protagonist worship and realize that i indeed did not like him. and chase knew that, he was toying with all the people who loved tony and his gangsterisms but should've known better.

and yeah meadow got real towards the end, but she just turned into carmella. so she goes from naive bleeding heart relying on the mob to an "insider" who wasn't inside enough to get hands dirty, but inside enough to benefit from the whole thing. she's an annoying c*nt regardless, end of.

i'd fukk the dego out of her tho :whoo:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
phil was an overemotional bytch too, but he was gradually ripping tony's crew to shreds. tony had to murk his own cousin because he knew he couldn't handle a war with NY. it wasn't just phil either. the jersey guys were closest to the lupertazzi family, so when phil takes over and they're beefin, the other 4 families are going to remain neutral, at best. the dimeo-aprile-soprano family was on borrowed time, tony was lucky he got killed so he wouldn't take 100% of the blame for it.

i think it was more subtle to me because i was young when i started watching, and tony is still likeable in season 1. by the end, he's a complete prick, one i wanted to see get got actually. it took me a minute to distance myself from my initial protagonist worship and realize that i indeed did not like him. and chase knew that, he was toying with all the people who loved tony and his gangsterisms but should've known better.

and yeah meadow got real towards the end, but she just turned into carmella. so she goes from naive bleeding heart relying on the mob to an "insider" who wasn't inside enough to get hands dirty, but inside enough to benefit from the whole thing. she's an annoying c*nt regardless, end of.

i'd fukk the dego out of her tho :whoo:
I don't think Tony snuffing out Chris had anything to do with NY. Gradually isn't accurate, I think there were just two quick strikes on Bobby, who they feared the most, and the Bing. And this was after the gooma pa got hit. In this case there weakness in numbers was something of a strength, in that there were few guys to target, but ultimately cos of the lack of earners, they wilted first. It's hard to see how people could get annoyed about it in retrospect, there's no future for them. Tony has legal bills coming up, plus Janice and maybe Junior, the two people he wanted to move up have died, Paulie can't handle and doesn't even want his promotion. There's nothing for them.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I should watch The Sopranos again, I was too young when I was watching it to pick up on a lot of things.

Still need to watch The Wire too, people jizz over it too much to miss it. One of these days :ld:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I should watch The Sopranos again, I was too young when I was watching it to pick up on a lot of things.

Still need to watch The Wire too, people jizz over it too much to miss it. One of these days :ld:
:wtf: breh..who are you..
I don't think Tony snuffing out Chris had anything to do with NY. Gradually isn't accurate, I think there were just two quick strikes on Bobby, who they feared the most, and the Bing. And this was after the gooma pa got hit. In this case there weakness in numbers was something of a strength, in that there were few guys to target, but ultimately cos of the lack of earners, they wilted first. It's hard to see how people could get annoyed about it in retrospect, there's no future for them. Tony has legal bills coming up, plus Janice and maybe Junior, the two people he wanted to move up have died, Paulie can't handle and doesn't even want his promotion. There's nothing for them.

perhaps i've given phil himself too much credit, but the static between his family and tony's destroyed the north jersey guys. they were dependent on NY connections, look how easily tony went along with killing johnny sac and carmine, respectively, each other by the other. all that other internal stuff just piled on the external pressure to wilt, as you put it.

tony killing chris was a perfect example of this. tony saw chris as a loose floorboard, especially since he might snitch due to drugs in his system on a suspended license, plus the babyseat getting mauled appealed to his "softer" side.

you've made a good point, even without all the tricky angles and speculation, tony had to die because the story was over.

was it ever actually called the soprano family, as tony was boss of the dimeo family? the show was (obviously) called that, because it started with his final step towards prominence and ended with his last step of prominence.

KOTK

Pro
Daps

Saw the back end of a season five episode not long ago. Fair amount of silliness in that series. I think on second viewing the second series was my favourite. Frank Sobotka the gawd. Vaguely tempted to watch NYPD Blue but that shyt is long. I need to get the last few episodes of series three of Engrenage (@Liu Kang). Couldn't be arsed with Homicide, having read the book. And what a book. The Corner is dull by comparison. Staying on this stream I read Lush Life by Richard Price a few months ago. Wasn't great.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
perhaps i've given phil himself too much credit, but the static between his family and tony's destroyed the north jersey guys. they were dependent on NY connections, look how easily tony went along with killing johnny sac and carmine, respectively, each other by the other. all that other internal stuff just piled on the external pressure to wilt, as you put it.

tony killing chris was a perfect example of this. tony saw chris as a loose floorboard, especially since he might snitch due to drugs in his system on a suspended license, plus the babyseat getting mauled appealed to his "softer" side.

you've made a good point, even without all the tricky angles and speculation, tony had to die because the story was over.

was it ever actually called the soprano family, as tony was boss of the dimeo family? the show was (obviously) called that, because it started with his final step towards prominence and ended with his last step of prominence.
I'm not going to defend him as a boss. If he'd been a majesterial boss it would've been much harder for them to portray him with an interest. The dramatic crux of the show rests upon the idea of Socrates' idea of the good life, so if he was as psycho/sociopathic as befit an ideal boss he wouldn't present as much intrigue, necessarily. For whatever reason, the media likes to suggest everyone is wearing masks.

I'm not sure. I'd like to say yes, but as I watched the first two and a half seasons years back and only watched the last three recently I'd pretty much forgot all the backstory, if I'd even paid enough attention in the first place, all I knew was of the Aprilles and Sopranos.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Saw the back end of a season five episode not long ago. Fair amount of silliness in that series. I think on second viewing the second series was my favourite. Frank Sobotka the gawd. Vaguely tempted to watch NYPD Blue but that shyt is long. I need to get the last few episodes of series three of Engrenage (@Liu Kang). Couldn't be arsed with Homicide, having read the book. And what a book. The Corner is dull by comparison. Staying on this stream I read Lush Life by Richard Price a few months ago. Wasn't great.
bought Homicide a few years ago, never read it, but now's the time to do it. I've seen like 3 of the seasons and it was definitely the GOAT detective show in the 90s.
NYPD Blue :shaq2:
you've seen the shield i trust?
One of these days I'm gonna go back and watch all these critically acclaimed shows. Sopranos, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Wire, and have the greatest 3 weeks ever. Presumably.

Might have to check this out :ehh:

i still have to get on breaking bad. i'm waiting for it to end so i can watch it all at once. got through 3 seasons of mad men, it was enough for me. i got the point. one day i'll go back and finish. it was always good but not great to me. and i mean always, i liked every episode, but never loved any of them.
nowadays, movies are wack, tv is golden

KOTK

Pro
Daps
bought Homicide a few years ago, never read it, but now's the time to do it. I've seen like 3 of the seasons and it was definitely the GOAT detective show in the 90s.
NYPD Blue :shaq2:
you've seen the shield i trust?

i still have to get on breaking bad. i'm waiting for it to end so i can watch it all at once. got through 3 seasons of mad men, it was enough for me. i got the point. one day i'll go back and finish. it was always good but not great to me. and i mean always, i liked every episode, but never loved any of them.
nowadays, movies are wack, tv is golden
I might run with Homicide then, only watched the first episode. The Shield is probably my favourite show ever. And by ever I mean within the obvious constraints.

I feel that way on Mad Men too, similar to the way I felt about The Sopranos beforegoing through the last couple of series. I can't imagine ever getting overly interested in it though, just not that great a premise. I honestly think Michael Scott's improv class summed up drama.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
I need to get the last few episodes of series three of Engrenage (@Liu Kang).
[...]
I had them in HD but it was using a private torrent tracker (so you may need to register, registrations are open).
They were in french with no eng subtitles but here, you can download some. Look at my pro if you're interested.