Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
which big player plays or played like bellingham?

dembele (spurs) maybe. although further back.

bellingham is one of those players who defies easy definition. he is part midfielder part forward and man united don't really need him.

Bellingham with a bit more restraint might be able to do the henderson role for liverpool.
Dembele was supremely press resistant and could dribble his way out of his own box with multiple people on him.
No way I could see him doing what Dembele did.
we don't seem to be in for him (looking at declan for some reason, but i'm done 2nd guessing arteta and edu), but arteta already has a role ready for him and is currently sticking a round peg in square hole with granit xhaka as a left sided 8.
Odegaard-Partey-Bellington would actually be a very balance very technically gifted midfied now that I think about it.:ohhh: forget what I said about his role in a 3 man midfield. that's if Bellingham has a Henderson like workrate

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
this luck is gonna run out sooner or later... still happy for the win. Need Liverpool to win to get United out of here
I wouldnt call this game luck. But I do think we need to stop conceding so many goals. And without Trossard and Jesus, someone's going to need to pick up the shooting. Another game of high possessions stats, but being extremely patient, even in the box.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Dembele was supremely press resistant and could dribble his way out of his own box with multiple people on him.
No way I could see him doing what Dembele did.

:ehh: yeah bad take.

maybe stevie G - without the long passing and hammer shot. but with better short passing.

dunno.

bellingham is I suspect one of those weird anomaly players who is more of a system player.

I suspect that he needs space to run into. more kick-and-rush than technically proficient.

we, man utd, need a DLP + carrier (FdJ) and a technically proficient fast, hard working, worker in midfield (weghörst with speed) and bellingham is neither of those.

at the sums being quoted i don't think he is worth the money.

i cannot see anything special that he would bring to the team. he can carry the ball into space and (like sancho in Germany) can score and flex around the oppo penalty area. we need to improve our control in the centre of midfield.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
fulham, crystal palace, leeds, liverpool, west ham, southampton, man city, chelsea, newcastle, brighton, nottm forest, wolves

we aint gonna bottle this :wow:
That string of Man City, Chelsea, and Newcastle is that for the title. Come out with 4 or more points after that, then the title is ours.

Also the Leeds, Southampton, and West Ham games got me nervous. Those relegation battle teams are going to fight like there is no tomorrow.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
:ehh: yeah bad take.

maybe stevie G - without the long passing and hammer shot. but with better short passing.

dunno.

bellingham is I suspect one of those weird anomaly players who is more of a system player.

I suspect that he needs space to run into. more kick-and-rush than technically proficient.

we, man utd, need a DLP + carrier (FdJ) and a technically proficient fast, hard working, worker in midfield (weghörst with speed) and bellingham is neither of those.

at the sums being quoted i don't think he is worth the money.

i cannot see anything special that he would bring to the team. he can carry the ball into space and (like sancho in Germany) can score and flex around the oppo penalty area. we need to improve our control in the centre of midfield.
Jude a system player :dead: