Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

The player missed a PK, so the idiot fan comes out of the stands and kicks him. These clowns need to start getting their heads stomped in.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Dembele was supremely press resistant and could dribble his way out of his own box with multiple people on him.
No way I could see him doing what Dembele did.

Odegaard-Partey-Bellington would actually be a very balance very technically gifted midfied now that I think about it.:ohhh: forget what I said about his role in a 3 man midfield. that's if Bellingham has a Henderson like workrate

Bellingham could EASILY play Xhaka's role. But I don't think that's what he prefers. I feel like he'd want to be the main man in a midfield and he wouldn't be that at Arsenal or United.

He would be at Liverpool, especially if they are looking to let Fabinho go.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
That string of Man City, Chelsea, and Newcastle is that for the title. Come out with 4 or more points after that, then the title is ours.

Also the Leeds, Southampton, and West Ham games got me nervous. Those relegation battle teams are going to fight like there is no tomorrow.
As evidenced by Bournemouth today.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Nah, I think they're winning it. They're turning likely draw scenario in wins. They're showing championship grit. I doubt this City will keep the pace.

Likely draws? :patrice:They had 31 shots today against the team second from bottom. The should be beating these lot easily. :manny:

4 in 4 since the loss to City is shipping goals? :ohhh:

Edit: only 25 all season :mjlol:
That's usually how much the title winning team concedes all season. :patrice: I guess time will tell, tho.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Jude a system player :dead:

yup. dortmund swarm attack in germany with high defences and space to run in behind.

breh might fail to replicate his form in the prem like other space/team proximity-dependent bundesliga attacking players before him - sancho, kagawa, them bundesliga boys at chelski incl. werner

bundesliga teams play with a high defence. at man utd he would face prem/uk teams which sit back and he doesn't seem to have the guile for that.

with this plus his inability to run a midfield (see game against france) you have to question his price.

yeah we are playing a mix of styles under ten hag but the plan is to get away from that and to control games more.

-

like stevie G, despite his/their gifts, he cannot control a midfield. that is why alonso pushed stevie G out to the wing and further upfield.

but then again you think keita is good :picard: and that naby season will arrive soon so ...:hubie:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Botafogo unfairly got nine minutes of stoppage time at the end of the match and scored to knock Sergipe out of the Copa Do Brasil.

So Sergipe’s supporters and President ran up on the refs after the game. :dead:

They got their state government to release a lil statement against the refs :heh: dudes on TV were laughing saying they might as well get the UN involved.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Likely draws? :patrice:They had 31 shots today against the team second from bottom. The should be beating these lot easily. :manny:

That's usually how much the title winning team concedes all season. :patrice: I guess time will tell, tho.
I am not understanding your logic. You say Arsenal are shipping goals, yet we have conceded less goals than everyone in the league with the exception of Newcastle…

Now you are saying 25 goals is usually how much title winning teams concede all season… yet City has also conceded 25 and United 28 (in 2 fewer games). So that would mean City are “shipping goals” as well, right?

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
yup. dortmund swarm attack in germany with high defences and space to run in behind.

breh might fail to replicate his form in the prem like other space/team proximity-dependent bundesliga attacking players before him - sancho, kagawa, them bundesliga boys at chelski incl. werner

bundesliga teams play with a high defence. at man utd he would face prem/uk teams which sit back and he doesn't seem to have the guile for that.

with this plus his inability to run a midfield (see game against france) you have to question his price.

yeah we are playing a mix of styles under ten hag but the plan is to get away from that and to control games more.

-

like stevie G, despite his/their gifts, he cannot control a midfield. that is why alonso pushed stevie G out to the wing and further upfield.

but then again you think keita is good :picard: and that naby season will arrive soon so ...:hubie:
Naby season is eternal my lutefisk brother :blessed:

Negged :ufdup:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

MLS defending?

or match fixing?

:jbhmm:

why-not-both-why-not.gif