Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
Will be very interesting to follow Greenwoods career going fwd…he’s too big a talent for some club not to take a chance on him.

And if he gets back to playing and lives up to the talent will he ever play for England again?

It’s a PR nightmare right now but you can clean it up over time especially if the girl stays w him.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I would like to think that Greenwood won’t play in the EPL again but Arsenal are playing Partey, which is technically worse because the only reason why Partey hasn’t been charged is due to a technicality.

If Utd decide to play him again, the smart thing to do would be sitting him for the rest of the season, have him go on a PR/apology tour and then send him abroad on loan next season so he can get games under his belt before having to deal with the scrutiny of the British media.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I would like to think that Greenwood won’t play in the EPL again but Arsenal are playing Partey, which is technically worse because the only reason why Partey hasn’t been charged is due to a technicality.

:jbhmm:As far as I know there is no video, audio or photo evidence of him abusing or threating to rape a girl telling him no, so I'm not sure how that situation is worse.

This is no cape if it turns out to be the case they can chuck Partey in the bin as well, but as far as I know there has only been a claim made by his Ex girl.

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
United will need their heads testing if they take him back. With all the evidence of him being human trash which every man and their dog has seen. Take the L move on.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I know different countries but trevor bauer had his charges dismissed as well was released by the dodgers (boehly part owner). And no mlb team has touched him, hell look at meyers leonard or miles bridges or ime udoka in the nba.

It's a pr nightmare :hubie:
Soccer is completely different, if Greenwood is able to curb his psychopathic tendencies he is young enough and talented enough to have a long career.

The most extreme example is Flamengo's keeper Bruno, who was sentenced to 22 years for having his girlfriend killed and fed to dogs, getting signed to lower division clubs immediately after getting out on some kind of appeal.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If Utd decide to play him again, the smart thing to do would be sitting him for the rest of the season, have him go on a PR/apology tour and then send him abroad on loan next season so he can get games under his belt before having to deal with the scrutiny of the British media.
Whats the technicality?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Partey is on tape demanding p*ssy?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
:jbhmm:As far as I know there is no video, audio or photo evidence of him abusing or threating to rape a girl telling him no, so I'm not sure how that situation is worse.

This is no cape if it turns out to be the case they can chuck Partey in the bin as well, but as far as I know there has only been a claim made by his Ex girl.

I only say it’s worse because he can’t get charged due to EU laws changing which means the UK police can only investigate it so much. So we’ll never actually know if he’s innocent or not.