Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Screenshot-2023-01-31-at-20-49-58.png

:sadcam::whew:

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
I love our fans but we are the absolute best at coping :russ:

Jorginho isn’t the end of the world but it’s a desperation signing bc we needed anything to make it to the end of the season. Don’t even get me started on the Bruno G misfire…we should’ve had CM locked up ages ago. :snoop:

Arsenal and Edu create their own problems in the transfer market. I just hope we win the league.

You would think if there was a set of fans who would be having ptsd it’s us…manager has done incredible it’s time to behave like a serious club smh

But expecting the manager to perform miracles is the Arsenal way.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You would think if there was a set of fans who would be having ptsd it’s us…manager has done incredible it’s time to behave like a serious club smh

The man is in 1st with the youngest squad in the league, with no squad depth, lost their primary striker and are somehow still 5 points clear. He already HAS performed miracles. :skip:

And its clown ass Football Manager ass thinking that makes folks like you think that NOT spending 200m+ in fukkING JANUARY, means you're not a "serious club".
You know who also didn't do that shyt? Prime Pep-era Barcelona. They added players in where they had gaps and hardly ever for 60m+ even when adjusted for inflation. Many of their top players in that era were brought in for around 50m adjusted for inflation.

Real Madrid...the most SERIOUS club of them all...do you know how many times they've spent over 80m on one player in the last decade?

Twice (Bale & Hazard)

And you expect Arsenal, a team with no where near those level of resources, that DOES NOT HAVE UCL FUNDS THIS SEASON, to spend in the same league as Manchester City and Real Madrid?

You're talking out of your ass, you have no idea what being a "serious club" even means.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps

What miracles do you think Edu should have pulled during this January transfer window?

Who are the players we missed out on that were available that he didn’t get?

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the money spent in the summer & winter windows, we'll need a lot more than 12m to help clear the books.

Getting decent fees for Gallagher, Ziyech, Pulisic, Kovacic etc is where the real money is.
Ain't about the fee, we taking a player off yalls wage bill. We don't nerd to be doing yalls any favors

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
The man is in 1st with the youngest squad in the league, with no squad depth, lost their primary striker and are somehow still 5 points clear. He already HAS performed miracles. :skip:

And its clown ass Football Manager ass thinking that makes folks like you think that NOT spending 200m+ in fukkING JANUARY, means you're not a "serious club".
You know who also didn't do that shyt? Prime Pep-era Barcelona. They added players in where they had gaps and hardly ever for 60m+ even when adjusted for inflation. Many of their top players in that era were brought in for around 50m adjusted for inflation.

Real Madrid...the most SERIOUS club of them all...do you know how many times they've spent over 80m on one player in the last decade?

Twice (Bale & Hazard)

And you expect Arsenal, a team with no where near those level of resources, that DOES NOT HAVE UCL FUNDS THIS SEASON, to spend in the same league as Manchester City and Real Madrid?

You're talking out of your ass, you have no idea what being a "serious club" even means.

Show me anywhere that I said Arsenal should have spent 200m

Maybe you should go and tell Arsenal that they have no money and shouldn’t bid 70m+ for players coz someone at the club seems to be doing just that…we’ve bid almost 100m for Mudryk and 70m for caicedo but you think they haven’t given edu these funds?
They obviously know winning the league and get CL football will pay for these transfers

Also make your point like a grown man without the silly name calling

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
What miracles do you think Edu should have pulled during this January transfer window?

Who are the players we missed out on that were available that he didn’t get?

If I name players then I’m accused of being a FM/FIFA player…it’s not my job to come up with targets

Edu was given the funds to make at least one big signing this window and he failed twice…the Mudryk failure is worse coz it should have been done in the summer when we didn’t get Raphinha

He had no plans of getting midfield depth until elneny got hurt even though a young midfielder is a priority signing…now he’s stuck w 4 over 30 players in midfield going into nxt season

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ain't about the fee, we taking a player off yalls wage bill. We don't nerd to be doing yalls any favors

You're doing us a bigger favour by helping us speed up our on-field rebuild.

You have a midfielder who is long-term injured and another who is under investigation for rape. This helps you more than it helps us.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
For the record, I wasn’t onboard with paying that much for Caceido but we could do way better than Jorginho. I would have preferred us get McKennie because he’s closer in profile to Partey/Xhaka than Jorginho is.