Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Not blaming Arteta this is purely on edu and his team…we’ve had two long drawn out transfers and missed on both…btw Elneny was hurt before the spurs game…almost 3 weeks and u telling me we can only come up w a panic deal for Jorginho? This is same old Arsenal territory off the field…again if we win it’s all good…if we don’t, get Edu out of here and off the new stadium artwork
Who would you say Edu and Arsenal missed out on? Who are the realistic targets that they ignored/didn’t make a move for?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Not blaming Arteta this is purely on edu and his team…we’ve had two long drawn out transfers and missed on both…btw Elneny was hurt before the spurs game…almost 3 weeks and u telling me we can only come up w a panic deal for Jorginho? This is same old Arsenal territory off the field…again if we win it’s all good…if we don’t, get Edu out of here and off the new stadium artwork

I don't think its that crazy, honestly. We needed a CM and we got one. An experienced one at that. There's WAY worse CMs to get on a 6month deal. Everyone was pumping the price up for players in Jan. There was no way Mudryk was worth 100M and no way Caicedo was worth 80m+.

Get better players in the summer and with the additional draw of Champions League. I think it's a decent bit of business.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
I don't think its that crazy, honestly. We needed a CM and we got one. An experienced one at that. There's WAY worse CMs to get on a 6month deal. Everyone was pumping the price up for players in Jan. There was no way Mudryk was worth 100M and no way Caicedo was worth 80m+.

Get better players in the summer and with the additional draw of Champions League.
Well said. I think anyone saying Edu needs to be fired after this January window is crazy. We brought in 3 quality players that add the necessary depth and that can do a good/serviceable job in the starting 11 if called upon.

How can anyone blame Edu for not signing Caicedo? Brighton said he isn’t available for transfer. And he isn’t worth the £70 mil Arsenal offered. And I doubt the Ukrainian kid will ever be worth the almost £100 mil Chelsea paid for him.

Edu is a major part of the reason we are currently top of the league with a strong chance of winning it for the first time in almost two decades. Too many Arsenal fans reacting emotionally despite the fact the team is stronger coming out of January.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If we don't have the depth to compete across competitions, forget about the Europa and get the PL title.

We have done what we could for now.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Well said. I think anyone saying Edu needs to be fired after this January window is crazy. We brought in 3 quality players that add the necessary depth and that can do a good/serviceable job in the starting 11 if called upon.

How can anyone blame Edu for not signing Caicedo? Brighton said he isn’t available for transfer. And he isn’t worth the £70 mil Arsenal offered. And I doubt the Ukrainian kid will ever be worth the almost £100 mil Chelsea paid for him.

Edu is a major part of the reason we are currently top of the league with a strong chance of winning it for the first time in almost two decades. Too many Arsenal fans reacting emotionally despite the fact the team is stronger coming out of January.

People are also fukking sheep. They call Chelsea fans stupid for falling for big money signings but clamor for big money signings. Meanwhile, I don't think any of our best players cost us over 60m.

Ben White: 58m
Odegaard: 35m
Saka: Academy
Jesus: 52m
Zinchenko: 35m
Partey: 50m

All of a sudden splashing 100m+ on a player flies directly in the face of how the team has been assembled for the past three years.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
People are also fukking sheep. They call Chelsea fans stupid for falling for big money signings but clamor for big money signings. Meanwhile, I don't think any of our best players cost us over 60m.

All of a sudden splashing 100m+ on a player flies directly in the face of how the team has been assembled for the past three years.
Facts. Can pretty much add the entire starting 11 and half of the bench to that list. Saliba, Gabriel, Ramsdale, Smith-Rowe, Nketia…. None of them were brought in for anywhere close to £100 mil.

It’s crazy that some fans really believe that a 21 year old from the Ukrainian league would be the difference between winning the league and not… all because he cost a lot of money. Crazy lol

Edu, Arteta and team have done a great job of building the team. And if the second half of the season is like the first then it will pay off with a league title. No way you can cry about that as an Arsenal fan.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Totally agree. I wouldn't pay 70 mil for Caceido....but I wasnt paying 50p for Jorginho either.

:pachaha:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps

We have to learn that twitter fans are stupid for the most part. Edu made great moves in this window and the move we didn't make for Caicedo was smart. How the hell could you spend more than Real did for Tchouaméni on Caicedo. Also, Jorginho helps relieve Partey who has usually never been this healthy and can fill in for Xhaka. Also, for the title push we need a veteran at the mid to fill in and not a young player who might fall into the same hole as Sambi. Also, getting Trossard for cheap was a great move because he can easily fill in for Martinelli, and that CB we got seems promising.

Anyways, anybody calling for Edu head plays too much of Fifa and Football manager because Edu made solid moves to push us for the title

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
We have to learn that twitter fans are stupid for the most part. Edu made great moves in this window and the move we didn't make for Caicedo was smart. How the hell could you spend more than Real did for Tchouaméni on Caicedo. Also, Jorginho helps relieve Partey who has usually never been this healthy and can fill in for Xhaka. Also, for the title push we need a veteran at the mid to fill in and not a young player who might fall into the same hole as Sambi. Also, getting Trossard for cheap was a great move because he can easily fill in for Martinelli, and that CB we got seems promising.

Anyways, anybody calling for Edu head plays too much of Fifa and Football manager because Edu made solid moves to push us for the title

100000%

For any other team, you'd call this a solid B or B+ JANUARY window. Superstars usually don't move in January.

Lurkio

All Star
Daps

But the manager and club wanted these big money signings…we missed out on Arteta’s top targets it’s not even about the fees…the Mudryk transfer was absolutely bottled if you go back all the way to the summer…it should have never gotten this far to where we are in a bidding war with chelsea

The Caicedo deal was bottled because we came in last minute…if we go in 3 weeks ago we 1. Give Brighton a chance to find a replacement or 2. Give ourselves 2 weeks to pivot if they say he’s not for sale. Same with Zubimendi

Don’t even get me started on Rice…Arsenal clearly leaked that to appease the fan base because they were not gonna do anything before the elneny injury.

It feels like a missed opportunity…if we win the league fair play…but if we bottle it then it’s because we didn’t move right in getting the necessary players in.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
100000%

For any other team, you'd call this a solid B or B+ JANUARY window. Superstars usually don't move in January.
The Aubameyang type of transfers in January is rare. We got lucky to get that move due to him falling out with Dortmund. It's better to splurge in the summer and get the top midfielder that fits Arteta system than to overspend in January.