Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
I’m purposely not giving names because the rebuttal is easy…y’all can just say what if the club don’t rate the player/who said they were for sale

But here you go

Thuram - Nice
Kone - gladbach
Alcatraz - kid who jus moved to Southampton

and if we just needed short term then how abt kessie on loan?

You guys keep bringing in transfer fee like I care abt that…my only point is they gave Edu the funds to make a real push for the title and I believe he could have put us in a better position.

On the midfield ideally we go into nxt season w Xhaka Partey plus 2 younger guys which were supposed to be caicedo and rice…that’s almost out the question now knowing how this club moves.

We’ll see how the season goes…hope for the best but I think we should have done better for now and the future

Edit: on the point about us not signing a midfielder if elneny doesn’t get hurt…look at when the bids and rumored bids for midfielders started…look at when they briefed the press on Declan rice.
Respect for listing some names bro. My guess for why the club didn’t go for those names and similar players are because:
1. Not high priority/good fit for the long term project.
2. Those players would cost more than a player like Jorginho.
3. Would require longer contracts (4.5-5.5 year deals).
4. None of those players have experience in the league.

I can’t say whether or not they would perform better in the team than Jorginho. But I think we can argue that the moves made were the smarter risks based on what we are looking to accomplish this season (league) and in the future (consistently challenge for the big trophies) and still give us the opportunity to go for top targets in the summer.

But let’s hope for the best bro. We have been great this season so far. If we can avoid losing to City in those two games then I definitely think we are taking the league. Hopefully these signings help with that cause.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now we just need Caicedo in the summer.:wow:

When he signs that long-term deal and his cost is spread across 10 years. :blessed:

Serie Ass brokies pocket watching as always. :umad:

On some real shiit, your man moving like his money hot or something.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Weghorst and Sabitzer is a pretty good window given the whole, not having a pot to piss in situation. :ehh:

Eriksen getting injured takes a bit of impact away from the Sabitzer one because it means we are where we were in terms of depth.(same with Weghorst/Ronaldo tbf but fukk that rapist)

But he was a highly rated/wanted player pre-Bayern and apparently he hasn't been bad there or anything.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Dani Alves’ wife deleted all of his pictures from her Insta, and she was standing by him when the news broke.

It’s only a matter of time before she files those papers :francis:

That was faster than I thought :whoo:

Dude lost his freedom, his job, and his woman all within with two weeks. A lot of folks would unalive themselves for less.