Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Probably going to be the same countries who qualified the last time and costa rica's gon get that intercontinental play-off

IDK, I think Costa Rica going nipped you this time.

Panama will be tough and the Jammos almost back.

The Hex >>> UEFA qualification.

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
Thats the question i ask my parents all the time :shaq2: nah but u kno hondurans we're movin' out the country and expanding territory, in my case parents got a good paid job out here and decided to move cant complain' i got it pretty good :jawalrus:

what up my fellow swede :youngsabo:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
tumblr_mg0cfgSPpk1qzu332o1_500.jpg

:laugh:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
:usure:

In July of 2011, Theo had 16 premiership goals and 15 premiership assists in 114 appearances for Arsenal in the premier league, about 23 starts a season.

He had also signed a new contract in the summer of 2009 and was on 50k a week (if the rumored figure is true).

Granted, the 2010-11 season, Theo had just scored 9 goals for Arsenal in the premeirship and was looking better as a player, but I dont know if I disagree that much with not paying him a that time.

Outside of UGos, most of us thought he was a bit shyt. Im also not convinced Theo would still be here last last summer were it not for Song and RVP leaving.

Its a double-edged sword, and fairplay to Theo he has won it, but I do understand the club's position before last summer. Nothing about his production screams a player that should be earning 5 million a year. The problem is Arsenal have depleted their talent so much that there isnt a choice but to pay dude that much because he is the biggest star we have and the most productive player we have.
He'd also scored goals against Chelsea and Barcelona in major cup games, had been needlessly marginalised by one of the worst England managers in history, was 21 growing into a position he'd been promised was temporary and had was at midpoint of his contract. But tbf I'm not even talking about football. It's business; you secure your assest or you sell it before its value diminishes. Those c*nts did none of that:ufdup: Tbf they played a blinder with Song, maybe with hardballing Arteta too, but got raped on RVP and might do on Walcott.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Any time Barcelona sees you as the ONLY threat, and he goes ahead and scores anyway.. that must count for something.

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
IDK, I think Costa Rica going nipped you this time.

Panama will be tough and the Jammos almost back.

The Hex >>> UEFA qualification.
dont know about that in the long run jamaica is not gonna be able to keep it up squad feels thin, costa rica is gonna be battlin' honduras for that 3rd spot and panama is gonna perform ok, lets remember that they have never been to the wc, and i totally agree the hexagonals are much better than the uefa qualifiers

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He'd also scored goals against Chelsea and Barcelona in major cup games, had been needlessly marginalised by one of the worst England managers in history, was 21 growing into a position he'd been promised was temporary and had was at midpoint of his contract. But tbf I'm not even talking about football. It's business; you secure your assest or you sell it before its value diminishes. Those c*nts did none of that:ufdup: Tbf they played a blinder with Song, maybe with hardballing Arteta too, but got raped on RVP and might do on Walcott.
i dont think they were wrong for not offering him a deal in 2011. But once it was clear RVP and Song were leaving, they should have ponied up.

I understand what you are saying about locking up your assets, but when the club did that in the great 2010 summer signing spree, they got shytted on for signing the Diabys, Denilsons, Bendtners, etc.

That is the double-edged sword im talking about.

Any time Barcelona sees you as the ONLY threat, and he goes ahead and scores anyway.. that must count for something.
good point

KOTK

Pro
Daps
i dont think they were wrong for not offering him a deal in 2011. But once it was clear RVP and Song were leaving, they should have ponied up.

I understand what you are saying about locking up your assets, but when the club did that in the great 2010 summer signing spree, they got shytted on for signing the Diabys, Denilsons, Bendtners, etc.

That is the double-edged sword im talking about.

good point
Denilson was never an asset like theo, diaby and bendtner were good deals.