Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Dom ‏@ichlugebullets
Bit like Villa fans who still venerate O'Neill.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
2h Dom ‏@ichlugebullets
Although a lot of old Italians still love Benny because he was the last time we were relevant as a country, despite the pain he caused.
Expand
2h Dom ‏@ichlugebullets
Portrait of Mussolini in your house:fascism::wearing a Che Guevara t-shirt:communism.
Expand
2h Dom ‏@ichlugebullets
Benito Mussolini: a dictator for all seasons in Italy? | World news | guardian.co.uk … Guardian writes article about something it doesn't understand and shows no desire to learn about, film at 11.
View summary

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
But assuming I have access to Arsenal money then yes.
:usure:

In July of 2011, Theo had 16 premiership goals and 15 premiership assists in 114 appearances for Arsenal in the premier league, about 23 starts a season.

He had also signed a new contract in the summer of 2009 and was on 50k a week (if the rumored figure is true).

Granted, the 2010-11 season, Theo had just scored 9 goals for Arsenal in the premeirship and was looking better as a player, but I dont know if I disagree that much with not paying him a that time.

Outside of UGos, most of us thought he was a bit shyt. Im also not convinced Theo would still be here last last summer were it not for Song and RVP leaving.

Its a double-edged sword, and fairplay to Theo he has won it, but I do understand the club's position before last summer. Nothing about his production screams a player that should be earning 5 million a year. The problem is Arsenal have depleted their talent so much that there isnt a choice but to pay dude that much because he is the biggest star we have and the most productive player we have.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
Catalunya vs Nigeria in a couple of hours.. :obama: Them la Masia boys finna turn up

Aty-KNWCEAAfkv4.jpg:large

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Newcastle United can confirm that Chelsea Football Club has made an official offer for Demba Ba which has triggered the release clause in the player's contract.
"The club has given the player permission to speak to Chelsea FC

tumblr_mftdsx5bOw1r1fq7do1_500.gif

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Scorch or any other Chelsea fans...you think D Sturridge could be a success at LFC? :to:
Im on the fence but im eccited anyway

Guaranteed 10-15 goals a season. Frustrating as fack and more bad games than good ones.

Biggest thing that pissed me off about him (even more so than his greedy tendencies) is that he's shook of ANY kind of tackle/challenge. He pulls out of challenges in his favour let alone 50-50s and never competes for headers.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Guaranteed 10-15 goals a season. Frustrating as fack and more bad games than good ones.

Biggest thing that pissed me off about him (even more so than his greedy tendencies) is that he's shook of ANY kind of tackle/challenge. He pulls out of challenges in his favour let alone 50-50s and never competes for headers.

Sturridge plays a lot smaller than he is. It doesnt annoy me more than his greed and stupidity, but that bothers me a lot watching him play.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sturridge plays a lot smaller than he is. It doesnt annoy me more than his greed and stupidity, but that bothers me a lot watching him play.

Plays like a shook bytch.

People might say he's an attacker so he's not supposed to tackle like a defender but he doesn't even compete. Any kind of contact and he's :whoa:

Won't even be pissed if he does well there tbh.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The akhi :lawd:

I heard there's a young Somali kid Chelsea have who is playing for the England u-16s. Speaking of that whatever happened to the Islam kid?

Yeah there's two of them.

Ali plays in midfield. Think he's still a school boy so there's not much information about him out there. I saw him play for England U-16s recently and he looked alright. Wore #10 so you know he's got something about him :jawalrus:

But Islam Feruz, that kid is a facking beast. Top, top talent.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Some opta nerd has compiled some stats on Sturridge from the ol' Twatter

Ryan Keaney ‏@RyanKeaney
Daniel Sturridge took a shot every 33 minutes that he was on the pitch in the Premier League in 2012. He scored once in every 13 shots.

Ryan Keaney ‏@RyanKeaney
@RichieFirth I predict his first goal will come against Arsenal at the end of the month. #punt

Ryan Keaney ‏@RyanKeaney
Daniel Sturridge laid on a chance for his team-mates once every 131 minutes in the Premier League in 2012. #lfc