Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Just seen the world Cup final is a week before Christmas :patrice:

Is it gonna be the same time as NFL is on? :unimpressed:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I never had high expectations for RR. He was an unknown quantity to me and I refused to get hyped by his Ted Talk videos like some fans.

That being said, he did an excellent job by unveiling the curtain at United and there is no doubt his comments and brutal honesty over the last 6 months have left some with bloody noses.

My main issue lies with the club. This sudden U-turn just further proves that United is a club with no vision. Every decision at this club is made on the fly and it's mind boggling to think that such a massive organisation is being run this way.
Agree.

Ralf's time has been a huge failure but I would still take it over Carrick staying as the interim and somehow sneaking into top four Ole style, papering over all the cracks at the club. Best case scenario would've been Ralf actually succeeding and having the juice to let his nuts hang :dame:

The Telegraph fluff piece that just came out shows that nothing much has changed with Murtough in charge. I would be embarrassed to release that PR crap but I guess fans will eat it up. But it means that our only hope now is for ETH to hit the ground running, where Ralf failed, to give him enough influence to overrule these clowns.

I mean look at this shyt.

Imagine saying that after what just happened :gucci: Not only was the dressing room a disaster but it was caused by him refusing to let Lingard leave, refusing to let Henderson leave (not getting enough mentions for leaks), letting Ronaldo run the dressing room and the club basically.

Even if we discard the rumor of Ronaldo vetoing Conte appointment, the fact that Ronaldo not only faked an injury when he was dropped for the City match but also stormed off to Portugal unannounced right after Ralf publicly called out Pogba for recovering from injury in Dubai, ended whatever little authority Ralf had left.

Bragging about hiring a consulting firm :snoop:

"I've been in charge last 15 months but all that was Woodward's fault"

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Relieved and excited to see what the future holds. :ehh:

Roman putting anti-Glazer clauses into the sale agreement puts the club in an excellent position to continue growing.

For all the money Roman ploughed into the club, Chelsea weren't a very well run club on and off the pitch.

I think these new guys are going to build the brand, increase commercial revenue etc and Chelsea will be run more efficiently than what we're used to.

First things first, they need to completely destroy and rebuild the first team scouting department in its entirety. Not a single person should be allowed to keep their job.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
That doesn't look as bad if they sign a real starting striker.

Unless Nketiah becomes a 15+ league goals type of player, that £100k a week is gonna make it impossible for Arsenal to sell him for any decent amount of money. Handing out bloated contracts is why Arsenal are in the predicament they‘re in right now.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unless Nketiah becomes a 15+ league goals type of player, that £100k a week is gonna make it impossible for Arsenal to sell him for any decent amount of money. Handing out bloated contracts is why Arsenal are in the predicament they‘re in right now.

Times have changed breh. 100k pw ain't what it used to be. There'd be several midtable clubs able to absorb that kind of contract if Arsenal decide to move him on.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Relieved and excited to see what the future holds. :ehh:

Roman putting anti-Glazer clauses into the sale agreement puts the club in an excellent position to continue growing.

For all the money Roman ploughed into the club, Chelsea weren't a very well run club on and off the pitch.

I think these new guys are going to build the brand, increase commercial revenue etc and Chelsea will be run more efficiently than what we're used to.

First things first, they need to completely destroy and rebuild the first team scouting department in its entirety. Not a single person should be allowed to keep their job.

Ross Barkley starting Inshallah :blessed: