Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Times have changed breh. 100k pw ain't what it used to be. There'd be several midtable clubs able to absorb that kind of contract if Arsenal decide to move him on.

You say that but Arsenal had to pay MustafI and Kolasinac (both on £100k at the time) off because no one wanted to take them on at that wage. I’ll be fair and acknowledge that they both were exceptionally bad players for us but I don’t think Nketiah would have gotten that wage at any other team.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I never had high expectations for RR. He was an unknown quantity to me and I refused to get hyped by his Ted Talk videos like some fans.

That being said, he did an excellent job by unveiling the curtain at United and there is no doubt his comments and brutal honesty over the last 6 months have left some with bloody noses.

My main issue lies with the club. This sudden U-turn just further proves that United is a club with no vision. Every decision at this club is made on the fly and it's mind boggling to think that such a massive organisation is being run this way.

RR did a poor job overall.

Nothing on the pitch and nothing in terms of management of the minds of the players. German privilege writ large where people contort themselves to defend him without being able to name any value-added thing that he has done. A variation on what we saw with Lutfisk.

In the corporate world you don't go all "Jose" and routinely trash your club and your squad in public and/or in the press.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Relieved and excited to see what the future holds. :ehh:

Roman putting anti-Glazer clauses into the sale agreement puts the club in an excellent position to continue growing.

For all the money Roman ploughed into the club, Chelsea weren't a very well run club on and off the pitch.

I think these new guys are going to build the brand, increase commercial revenue etc and Chelsea will be run more efficiently than what we're used to.

First things first, they need to completely destroy and rebuild the first team scouting department in its entirety. Not a single person should be allowed to keep their job.

short-term ONLY "anti glazer clauses" from what I read.

and hence of not much use.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:whoa:

Legit think Barkley would actually do well in Serie A. :ohhh:
I don't know if he really cares about playing football.

Let's give him a pass for fukking around at Everton at the end since he wanted out, but what was he doing at Villa? He started off hot if I recall correctly and then just fell off.

So he doesn't really strike me as a Tomori/Smalling to show up to a press conference speaking Italian and being a team leader. He strikes me more as Tuanzebe, show up and only play 10 minutes :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Any chance Evanilson moves away from Porto?

Very good striker, Transfermarkt has him valued at $22M but of course it would be for a lot more considering he has 3 years left on his current deal.