Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I have no issues with him being interim or whatever but what's with the two year commitment after that?

If you wanna hire an interim, hire an interim. If you wanna hire someone for the long term then hire him for the long term and bring a team with him. Just be deliberate about whatever you do though. Not this half-and-half type shyt that is happening now.

This guy would never have been approached for a consultancy role if things were going well for Ole, so why are we making a long term commitment when we only need him to adress our short term needs?

A lot of people hyped about this guy but his CV just isn't that impressive to me if we're talking about a guy who is gonna be part of the leadership at Manchester United. What have Leipzig actually really achieved?

The fact that Klopp and Tuchel supposedly had success using his methods doesn't move the needle for me either because because he never managed to have that success for himself.

And again, the 3 coaches who failed under Ole (Carrick under Jose too) and were actually in charge or running training and preparing the team tactically will still be at the club also, so how much realistically can be expect to change?

This just smells like another half-assed and rushed decision by United, which if it backfires will look like another call that should never have been made.

We've been here before with LVG, Jose and Ole. Decisions that when made got everybody excited but with the benefit of hindsight were exposed to be the flawed and spontaneous calls that they always were

I wish this guy all the best however I'm not gonna hide the fact that I see a big possibility of this extra 2 year commitment coming back to bite us big time.
I remember getting a lot of flack for this post when Rangnick was appointed.

I was essentially accused of being a wet towel for being pessimistic while everybody else thought the father of the gengenpress was going to turn us world beaters. :mjlol: :sas2:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I remember getting a lot of flack for this post when Rangnick was appointed.

I was essentially accused of being a wet towel for being pessimistic while everybody else thought the father of the gengenpress was going to turn us world beaters. :mjlol: :sas2:
Not much he could do with players quitting on him and having only a 6 month contract :manny:

I knew that the consultancy role wouldn't mean much because even with Matt Judge, head of scouting and another scouting chief leaving there are still too many people making footballing decision at Manchester United.

The more Ralf talked the more it was obvious that the whole situation was a mess. He had no idea what Phelan was doing, he had no idea what Fletcher's role was, he was not involved at all in the managerial search.

He received no backing in January transfer window, you would think that a club with a DoF would be able to make signings with a grand plan in mind regardless of who they plan to appoint as a manager in the summer. Murtough will try to shift the blame for this onto Woodward but we all know Ralf was his guy.

Ultimately the blame falls on Ralf because he should've known the mess he was getting into when they sent Fletcher to interview him :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm looking at this USA roster for the upcoming friendlies :patrice:

Malik Tillman and Haji Wright getting their first caps.:patrice:

This fool Berhalter may have just struck gold.

USA really needs to consider a proper coach that can bring all this shyt together,

Musah -- Tillman -- Wright -- Pulisic -- Weston -- Reyna :patrice: