Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

'Liverpool were strong, but if you keep a high defence and give them room to attack behind you, that's where you struggle,'

'So our defenders did well to close those spaces. I think it helped that Liverpool were easier to decipher than others, because they have a very clear identity and we could prepare the way we did.'

'We knew what strategy to take, don't give them space behind the defence to run into. Perhaps our football wasn't extraordinarily beautiful on an aesthetic level, but playing out from the back to incentivise their pressing wasn't a great idea.

'We hit a few more long balls, then when their press in our half of the pitch lessened, we got to control the ball more in the second half.'

- Don Carlo

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, the playoffs are coming and the last few tickets are gonna be claimed. :blessed:

Scotland v Ukraine, June 1
Wales v Scot/Ukr, June 5
_

UAE v Australia, June 7
Peru v UAE/Aus, June 13
_

Costa Rica v New Zealand, June 14
Scenes when Ukraine gets three penalties at Hampden Park :dead:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
CL Final thread devolved into a shyt-show so I'll give props to the refs for that match in here.

Only 'bad' decision I can recall was that one throw-in Liverpool had to repeat in the second half. For a match of that magnitude to be that well refereed and controlled in amazing :ehh:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
CL Final thread devolved into a shyt-show so I'll give props to the refs for that match in here.

Only 'bad' decision I can recall was that one throw-in Liverpool had to repeat in the second half. For a match of that magnitude to be that well refereed and controlled in amazing :ehh:

Two CL finals in a row now that have been brilliantly handled by the refs. Just highlights how bad things are in the Premier League.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Two CL finals in a row now that have been brilliantly handled by the refs. Just highlights how bad things are in the Premier League.
Unfortunately it's not just in the Premier League. Roma had around 10 referees (I lost count) suspended after officiating their matches. You would think at least Serie A is taking some action but suspension clearly weren't working.

It was seven in January, most likely it ended up being 11 or 12 referees just for Roma matches :picard:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

Ngl tho, ref looked shook af during the VAR review :pachaha:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Not much he could do with players quitting on him and having only a 6 month contract :manny:

I knew that the consultancy role wouldn't mean much because even with Matt Judge, head of scouting and another scouting chief leaving there are still too many people making footballing decision at Manchester United.

The more Ralf talked the more it was obvious that the whole situation was a mess. He had no idea what Phelan was doing, he had no idea what Fletcher's role was, he was not involved at all in the managerial search.

He received no backing in January transfer window, you would think that a club with a DoF would be able to make signings with a grand plan in mind regardless of who they plan to appoint as a manager in the summer. Murtough will try to shift the blame for this onto Woodward but we all know Ralf was his guy.

Ultimately the blame falls on Ralf because he should've known the mess he was getting into when they sent Fletcher to interview him :mjlol:
I never had high expectations for RR. He was an unknown quantity to me and I refused to get hyped by his Ted Talk videos like some fans.

That being said, he did an excellent job by unveiling the curtain at United and there is no doubt his comments and brutal honesty over the last 6 months have left some with bloody noses.

My main issue lies with the club. This sudden U-turn just further proves that United is a club with no vision. Every decision at this club is made on the fly and it's mind boggling to think that such a massive organisation is being run this way.