Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn remember when Keyshia first came out, love this hoody hood rat:yeshrug:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdsDqkony7M[/ame]

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all of these songs except the jaheim dnb are trash :mindblown:

i hated early 2000s r&b, my god it was hot garbage. the only time i fukked with those sappy records was when a band hit them in a gogo :salute:

except this tune, ashanti hit a pocket on this one :leon:

:whoa:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all of these songs except the jaheim dnb are trash :mindblown:

i hated early 2000s r&b, my god it was hot garbage. the only time i fukked with those sappy records was when a band hit them in a gogo :salute:

Nah, them tunes was hot, feel you on the GOGO tip tho

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk_Y4AKSP20[/ame]

:lawd::lawd::lawd::lawd:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For my area bredins, BYB were always at their best when they were hittin the old school joints.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FGiYDvCEtM[/ame]

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

we was bombarded with em m8

then fab's hoe azz digs up a corny ass song by grant hill's wife and just raps over it almost a decade later :why:

it was a terrible time for music in retrospect because we didnt have cable internets to help us hide from shyt top 40 as easily as we do now

it had its moments too of course

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

then fab's hoe azz digs up a corny ass song by grant hill's wife and just raps over it almost a decade later :why:

it was a terrible time for music in retrospect because we didnt have cable internets to help us hide from shyt top 40 as easily as we do now

It's worse now, cause the cable music channels we had back then were better, and if you knew where to look, you easily found alternatives.

Would much rather go back to that era, when Black music actually sounded like Black music,when major actually had artist who weren't just platinum selling, and when we had record stores, not fukking target and the likes. Yes things started to get a bit stupid in that era, but it was actually good. shyt LIKE THIS WAS ACTUALLY GETTING PLAYED

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUtf_Q4dg9Q[/ame]

I love the internet and all, but this easy access to everything has kinda fukked things

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Maybe it's the nostalgia but I loved all that shyt. Good times :blessed:

I was what 15-17 around them times getting my sweet boy swag on for the girls :mjpls:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i agree that many things were more enjoyable then. record stores :lawd: used to spend many a night in there just digging as a lonesome teen

but be honest, you see Baby Phat as good because 1) it's De La 2) it's not the weirdo shyt we hear on WPGC today. but when that song came out, lotta cats were :shaq2: at that shyt, it doesn't hold a candle to earlier de la

but to show you that i feel your argument in part, i do marvel at how un-grimey the radio got. Blackout! was released in 1999, and one of the hardest songs out has Ja Rule and LL. LL always had a soft side, so he didn't get crucified for churning out J Lo hits, but Ja went from Jay, X, Meth and Red to J Lo and Ashanti :scusthov:

i guess my problem was not so much the music itself, but just that you were forced to listen to it if you wanted to hear hip hop. like i said, we were bombarded

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a real big fan of the Neptunes, but I fukked with these two

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPNTbH4oP6s[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW_ePQRvrKI[/ame]

^^^^^That one, woooooooo

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i agree that many things were more enjoyable then. record stores :lawd: used to spend many a night in there just digging as a lonesome teen

but be honest, you see Baby Phat as good because 1) it's De La 2) it's not the weirdo shyt we hear on WPGC today. but when that song came out, lotta cats were :shaq2: at that shyt, it doesn't hold a candle to earlier de la

but to show you that i feel your argument in part, i do marvel at how un-grimey the radio got. Blackout! was released in 1999, and one of the hardest songs out has Ja Rule and LL. LL always had a soft side, so he didn't get crucified for churning out J Lo hits, but Ja went from Jay, X, Meth and Red to J Lo and Ashanti :scusthov:

i guess my problem was not so much the music itself, but just that you were forced to listen to it if you wanted to hear hip hop. like i said, we were bombarded

shyt changed when Em became a star, I mean Hip-Hop was big, but after he came, Hip-Hop was just everywhere, and you have to remember, during that period we started to have a lot of young Black kids coming out of High School, and Universities, who didn't go through the struggle or grew up in the hood. And just wanted to have a good time, and they were the ones who became program directors, A&R's, Club owners, and what not. And that time money was good, everyone was eating for most part.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^To add to that, there were a lot of 70's/80's Black babies like myself, who for most part lived in relative comfort, parents had good jobs, live in the burbs(even tho there were some hoodness in the burbs too). We had generation of young Black people, that never really experienced real strife, who just wanted to have fun, drink good, eat good, dress nice, and that grimey music, wasn't the soundtrack to that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Chingy - One Call Away - YouTube

Breh from Smart Guy killed it.

Smart Guy :bow:

Mo :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Yvette :jerk2:

this joint :ohlawd:

I still bump this on my iphone.

This was my favorite Fablous single

I remember being in Coney Island during the summer of 2001 when this joint was heat:whoo:

It was always playing outside.

The video hoe in this joint too :ohlawd:
I wanted to marry her :ahh:

Last edited by a moderator: