Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
I’m rooting for Cameroon and Senegal this WC, I wanna see both in the QF and at least one in the SF. Tbh, I wouldn’t mind Senegal winning the WC if it meant beating France & England on the way there.

Would be a hell of a season for Mané as well, especially if Pool do the Quad. Just imagine, AFCON, LC, FA Cup, UCL, Prem and WC all in a year. That’s legend status right there.

Cameroon is legit trash, I would be surprised if they even get a win. I'm still shocked how we dropped the ball vs a team like that (trash refereeing notwithstanding).

Senegal could barely get a goal past Egypt in 330 minutes and You're thinking of them winning the WC? :mjlol:I agree they're the best team in the continent on paper but come on.

You're bound to get disappointed as hell with such disillusions.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
GKs are slightly different than outfielders in that any decent GK can have a blinder on any given day, ex. That Salone keeper against Algeria in AFCON. The issue is can they do that week in, week out.

I think the bigger issue isn’t talent, but management and tactics. Most of these players play on the same teams and leagues as the Frances, Brazils and Germany’s of the world so the talent is there. I think the coaching piece might be the last part.

Naija out so I have no dog in this fight, I just want a Black African team to go far and beat a former colonial power in the process.

My dream would be for Nigeria to beat England in the WC Final….on penalties :lolbron:

Your obsession with England is :scust:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just a matter of hours
6gvV.gif

AeNhrrz.jpg

I feel Ghana and Canada are getting the same group.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Cameroon is legit trash, I would be surprised if they even get a win. I'm still shocked how we dropped the ball vs a team like that (trash refereeing notwithstanding).

Senegal could barely get a goal past Egypt in 330 minutes and You're thinking of them winning the WC? :mjlol:I agree they're the best team in the continent on paper but come on.

You're bound to get disappointed as hell with such disillusions.

Again, I have no dog in this fight more like a nice to have. And when African teams play themselves they play binary football for some reason. Against non African teams it seems to be a different story.

Your obsession with England is :scust:

It’s a colonial thing breh breh. Gotta beat the former master’s at their own game :manny:

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Again, I have no dog in this fight more like a nice to have. And when African teams play themselves they play binary football for sole reason. Against non African teams it seems to be a different story.

It’s a colonial thing breh breh. Gotta beat the former master’s at their own game :manny:

Well no shyt. But you're overdoing it tbh. Living rent free. :skip: If you was really about that life you wouldn't be supporting Manchester United. :hubie:

But I guess it like when Nigeria said Ghana Must Go and they ended up in Qatar. :mjgrin:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Only team that can stop England is France basically.

Our second team would beat at least 90% of the teams in it let’s be fair.