Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Just had a look at some of those line ups :wow:

frankfurt-am-main-germany-french-forward-thierry-henry-comforts-at-picture-id71350006

zinedine-zidane-beim-handshake-vor-dem-spiel-mit-ronaldinho-links-picture-id594397678

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FOxWpxKXwAQGSC4
I mean, the only Juve I rate is the rapper but that O.G. crest was fire, the other one looks like a road sign; I understand this brand logo style looks clearer downsized or whatever but fukk it, the town-crest-looking joints look classier to me.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'm still devastated by it. Not been able to talk about it yet. Probably never will.

Pains me even more because the WC draw is tomorrow. Like we really couldn’t beat Ghana at home.

The goal we gave up was such a fluke.

AFCON 19 SF - Akpeyi
AFCON 21 R16 - Okoye
WCQ - Uzoho

What is up with our keepers

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I’m rooting for Cameroon and Senegal this WC, I wanna see both in the QF and at least one in the SF. Tbh, I wouldn’t mind Senegal winning the WC if it meant beating France & England on the way there.

Would be a hell of a season for Mané as well, especially if Pool do the Quad. Just imagine, AFCON, LC, FA Cup, UCL, Prem and WC all in a year. That’s legend status right there.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I'm still devastated by it. Not been able to talk about it yet. Probably never will.
200.gif

There’s a reason that nikka plies his trade in Cyprus breh :francis:
Sometimes we need to be reasonable with our expectations of these African players and teams. I laugh anytime you complain about Naijas midfield, you should be used to such shyt by now. I’ve accepted the fact that either our game is just not advanced or the brehs just ain’t got the talent like that :yeshrug:
At this point, we all just need to pray we get a good core of rejected expatriates

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
I’m rooting for Cameroon and Senegal this WC, I wanna see both in the QF and at least one in the SF. Tbh, I wouldn’t mind Senegal winning the WC if it meant beating France & England on the way there.

Would be a hell of a season for Mané as well, especially if Pool do the Quad. Just imagine, AFCON, LC, FA Cup, UCL, Prem and WC all in a year. That’s legend status right there.

its delusions like this that keep you in pain :russ:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
There’s a reason that nikka plies his trade in Cyprus breh :francis:
Sometimes we need to be reasonable with our expectations of these African players and teams. I laugh anytime you complain about Naijas midfield, you should be used to such shyt by now. I’ve accepted the fact that either our game is just not advanced or the brehs just ain’t got the talent like that :yeshrug:
At this point, we all just need to pray we get a good core of rejected expatriates

GKs are slightly different than outfielders in that any decent GK can have a blinder on any given day, ex. That Salone keeper against Algeria in AFCON. The issue is can they do that week in, week out.

I think the bigger issue isn’t talent, but management and tactics. Most of these players play on the same teams and leagues as the Frances, Brazils and Germany’s of the world so the talent is there. I think the coaching piece might be the last part.

its delusions like this that keep you in pain :russ:

Naija out so I have no dog in this fight, I just want a Black African team to go far and beat a former colonial power in the process.

My dream would be for Nigeria to beat England in the WC Final….on penalties :lolbron:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Pains me even more because the WC draw is tomorrow. Like we really couldn’t beat Ghana at home.

The goal we gave up was such a fluke.

AFCON 19 SF - Akpeyi
AFCON 21 R16 - Okoye
WCQ - Uzoho

cheer for canada :blessed: