Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
We're technically the best team in Europe at the tournament, we're better than every team in South America. The rest don't matter.

Far from delusional to think we have a good chance of winning it.

Its the best chance England have and probably will have for a few years. At least untill the next generation of Germans come about. Lets not forget that France still has most of its core and Mbappe. If Dembele is healthy and maintains his current form...:wow:

But depending on group draws tonight, I'd say England might actually be the favorites.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This shyt feels so foreign :wow: So weird that Canada will be in both World Cups this decade.

Why? Canada's invested in the sport. Black players have been given chances domestically and overseas, the women's team has been one of the top 5-7 in the world for almost 15 years. It was inevitable that the men's team would eventually get the consistency. Which I'm happy for. I'm tired of seeing fukking Honduras or Panama or some shyt get torched. At least Canada looks more than competitive.

The vibes if Mexico, USA and Canada all make it to the knockouts. "New World" Order :blessed:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Its the best chance England have and probably will have for a few years. At least untill the next generation of Germans come about. Lets not forget that France still has most of its core and Mbappe. If Dembele is healthy and maintains his current form...:wow:

But depending on group draws tonight, I'd say England might actually be the favorites.
See this is it. I get people like to laugh at 'delusional' England fans and the 'it's coming home' stuff(which is all tongue in cheek), but we're literally one of the best teams in the tournament with one of the most settled squads, which has only got better since last summer.

It's entirely possible. :yeshrug:

Daps
Italy weren't 'very poor' at the Euros though, just because they lost to N. Macedonia lets not rewrite history.

We have tournament experience and have arguably the best set of attacking players in the tournament along with France. We should rightly be at least top three in terms of favourites. :manny:

The only team i'd be wary of playing is France just because of the level of talent they have, otherwise we should fear no one.:hubie:

I agree with you regarding the best attacking players in the tournament bar France.

You still need a good manager to help them and tell them what to do and Waistcoat ain't the one

Look at the final last year and when Mancini changed things up around the 60th minute, Waistcoat didnt have a clue what to do to counter Italy's changes
He didnt do anything to change it because he didnt know what to do

I've said it on here so many times before he is a relegation type manager, put him in the same category as Pulis, Fat Sam, Hodsgon type of manager , but they all know how to organise a defense

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I agree with you regarding the best attacking players in the tournament bar France.

You still need a good manager to help them and tell them what to do and Waistcoat ain't the one

Look at the final last year and when Mancini changed things up around the 60th minute, Waistcoat didnt have a clue what to do to counter Italy's changes
He didnt do anything to change it because he didnt know what to do

I've said it on here so many times before he is a relegation type manager, put him in the same category as Pulis, Fat Sam, Hodsgon type of manager , but they all know how to organise a defense
We know Southgate isn't the best.

We also know we're likely to play somewhat conservatively, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing in major tournaments, as much as people like to bang that drum. Of course there are moments to break free from that and go for it, but with experience comes better decision making.

2018 SF we got outplayed. Last years Euro final we were basically just unlucky(and maybe should have went for them more) and lost on pens.

We are trending upwards. And a lot of our players are better/more experienced in the set up than last summer.

We might not win it, but if we do it won't be a shock at all.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
See this is it. I get people like to laugh at 'delusional' England fans and the 'it's coming home' stuff(which is all tongue in cheek), but we're literally one of the best teams in the tournament with one of the most settled squads, which has only got better since last summer.

It's entirely possible. :yeshrug:

Especially now that some of that old gassed talent is outa there and there's that young core. Between Saka, Rashford, Bellingham, Grealish, Trent, Sancho and now perhaps even Ramsdale. Its a solid squad and those are just the younger cats. Not counting Kane & Raheem.

However, where I see the flaws is holding mid and at the back. Phillips could come back and do well, but IDK if he can run with the likes of the Mbappe and them. Hendo's old and players like Declan, Mount and Foden want to get forward.

As much as Southgate will instruct conservatism, he's gotta let a team with this kind of talent off the leash. If they play to passively they WILL get torched. They do NOT have the back line to play counter attacking. As much as I like Ben White...he's not going to play over Harry and Harry plays on a razor's edge already.

I anticipate a semi-final bow out, England will score goals....but concede them too. They might fukk around and become the most exciting team to watch this go round.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

Especially now that some of that old gassed talent is outa there and there's that young core. Between Saka, Rashford, Bellingham, Grealish, Trent, Sancho and now perhaps even Ramsdale. Its a solid squad and those are just the younger cats. Not counting Kane & Raheem.

However, where I see the flaws is holding mid and at the back. Phillips could come back and do well, but IDK if he can run with the likes of the Mbappe and them. Hendo's old and players like Declan, Mount and Foden want to get forward.

As much as Southgate will instruct conservatism, he's gotta let a team with this kind of talent off the leash. If they play to passively they WILL get torched. They do NOT have the back line to play counter attacking. As much as I like Ben White...he's not going to play over Harry and Harry plays on a razor's edge already.

I anticipate a semi-final bow out, England will score goals....but concede them too. They might fukk around and become the most exciting team to watch this go round.
Nah i disagree bro, we don't have the defence the play the way you're talking about. We DO have the defence, or at least the defensive set up, to play conservatively.

We have holes, but so does every other team in international football.

Every team we face will be absolutely shytting themselves at the thought of Kane dropping deep on the counter and supplying the wingers we have running beyond him.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Kalvin Phillips can :camby:

Especially as Waistcoat plays him as the box2box player over Rice.

Kane has to play with Ster7ing + Saka or Foden on the wings otherwise it's pointless.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
its delusions like this that keep you in pain :russ:
:dead: I was reading that post like

Black-Kid-Is-Blown-Away-By-The-Awesomeness.gif