Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Seeing the teams reminded me we're in one of the woat eras for international football quality wise. All the historically top sides are just decent to good

Not one team stands out as different level :hubie:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Our first WC in 36 years and we gotta wait 8 months for it to start. :sadcam:

Being in pot 4 is not so bad, most of the pot 3 teams aren’t all that good. Poland, Morocco, and Senegal are the only ones that worry me. :ehh:

I want it now :to:

can’t tell the last time we as a country have seen the best of our athletes in a completion that matters

prob 2014 Sochi :picard:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
4 years we gotta wait my Naijas :to:

Big Vic robbed of a WC due to our ineptitude :mjcry:

We gotta clear house with the NFF.

2023 and 2025 AFCON are coming up. We need to win at least one of those and then qualify for 2026 WC.

Hopefully I’ll get to watch my Super Eagles live and direct.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
This is a shyt Mexico team and we still ended up higher then USA's "Golden" generation :mjgrin:

That US golden generation is a bunch of 19-22 kids. There isn't a true leader on that field and if there is it's Weston McKennie who was out injured. No honest USMNT fan feels like this team is that great at this stage and lead by an average MLS coach. With that said I can't even remember the last time Mexico beat the USA.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
That US golden generation is a bunch of 19-22 kids. There isn't a true leader on that field and if there is it's Weston McKennie who was out injured. No honest USMNT fan feels like this team is that great at this stage and lead by an average MLS coach. With that said I can't even remember the last time Mexico beat the USA.

exactly, didn’t our young team wash Mexico like 3 times straight up last year :mjlol:

concise

Veteran
Daps

I remember well. :francis:
First match of the hex for the 2018 cycle. Their 1st win ever in Columbus in qualfying.
And we wonder why we didn't make it. :unimpressed: