Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Chelsea/Real Madrid vs Man City/Atletico
Liverpool/Benfica vs Bayern/Villarreal

Chel/Real is a tough one to call. City will dispatch Atleti easily. Atleti are not a good side at all this season.

Liverpool will beat Benfica and Bayern to get past Villareal.

I cant call Liverpool/Bayern in the semis. While City v Chelsea/Real is also too close to call.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
The only way city dont get passed a.madrid is if they choke as usual and start missing chances left and right and simeone's side defend like its 2014 lol.....chelsea and madrid is some what even..but benzema and vini are the difference.chelsea have no realible goal scorer.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
This was way before my time but is football hooliganism on a rise globally? Seems like every other weak there’s something in the news about pitch invaders, fights, rowdy behaviour etc.

The stuff that happened in Mexico last week, the Sevilla vs Betis game in the CDR, Marseille multiple times etc

@Kunty McPhuck
Footy in Europe or Latin America is the people's sport and has always been an outlet for people.

Some years ago I read an article on PSG hooligans and there were some who were bankers, dentists or other good paying jobs. Yet come match night, those dudes were turning to demons organizing fights with opposite hools and just wilding out.

As said already, all the frustration from covid, extremism, inflation and so on is being released by those who come to the stadium to just let it out.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't been able to watch the knockout round games, but how has the no away goals rules effected the quality of the games? Is it better? worse?

Daps
Looks like it's setting up for a Citeh/L'pool final :mjlit:

Think I would have preferred them over 2 legs then just meeting them in the final at a neutral ground

I think in a one off game at a neutral ground they could beat us but over 2 legs with one being at Anfield, I think they would crumble with the atmosphere created at Anfield

We have to get past Benfica first, revenge for 05/06 season I think, then Bayern,
Which will not be an easy game

But I'm confident enough, I said before the season started on here now we have Van Dijk and crowds back at Anfield its going to be a completly different Liverpool and we will be there or there abouts in all competitions