Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Everton manager Frank Lampard has revealed that he broke his hand in the post-match celebrations as his side nabbed a 1-0 victory over Newcastle United .

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This was way before my time but is football hooliganism on a rise globally? Seems like every other weak there’s something in the news about pitch invaders, fights, rowdy behaviour etc.

The stuff that happened in Mexico last week, the Sevilla vs Betis game in the CDR, Marseille multiple times etc

@Kunty McPhuck

its getting crazy

Layvin Kurzawa was confronted by angry Paris Saint-Germain supporters as he left the club's training facility on Wednesday afternoon.

A video was posted to social media showing a group of fans running down the road in order to catch up with the left-back, who was stopped at the lights in his car.

They managed to do so and proceeded to open his door and make their feeling known about the current state of affairs at the club.

only amount of time until a player kills a fan or vice versa

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Ty is insufferable gahdamn.:snoop:

fukk Liverpool and fukk Arsenal, so as neutral, I can truly say that:
  • Liverpool are bigger than Arsenal
  • Wenger is (was) a better manager than Klopp
  • Vieira was a better player than Gerrard
  • Arsenal aren't the biggest banter club at the moment. A couple losses could change that, though.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Dejan Stankovic managing Red Star Belgrade.

Inter and Lazio Legend. Mans played for 3 different nations in the WC.

Give that man his props

Post-covid fukkery.

People are bursting at the seems
for a scrap/to cause havoc.

It's feels like its a knock on after effect from covid. With all the lockdowns and the vaccine mandates the various protests (BLM anti vaxx the election phuckery Super League etc). People are more frustrated than ever and when that happens shyt is going to explode sooner or later. So far it's being kept to the football grounds. But it's definitely a society problem like it was in the 70's and 80's Britain. Sprinkle the resurgence of RW ideology gaining momentum (I think around 2015-2016) it's become a dangerous cocktail of anger and rage.

yes.

like in the 1920's people are mad.

Yea, stuff is getting crazy out here. Some people legit don't care anymore. Anger just all around.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
its getting crazy

Layvin Kurzawa was confronted by angry Paris Saint-Germain supporters as he left the club's training facility on Wednesday afternoon.

A video was posted to social media showing a group of fans running down the road in order to catch up with the left-back, who was stopped at the lights in his car.

They managed to do so and proceeded to open his door and make their feeling known about the current state of affairs at the club.

only amount of time until a player kills a fan or vice versa

He didn’t even play in the Real Madrid game and has like 1-2 appearances all season:mjlol:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I can see Atlético beating City. Pep rarely has a plan b for a rough/defensive team. I expect him to get really rattled.

Chelsea/Madrid is 50/50… it depends what Madrid decides to show up. Chelsea are more than capable of winning but with the whole situation with ownership, I think it will take its toll on them. I’d give it to Madrid here.

Should be smooth sailing for Liverpool and Bayern. The semi-finals between those two should’ve been the finals. Can’t really call it on who would win but if they’re both at full strength, Liverpool should make it to the finals.