Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This was way before my time but is football hooliganism on a rise globally? Seems like every other weak there’s something in the news about pitch invaders, fights, rowdy behaviour etc.

The stuff that happened in Mexico last week, the Sevilla vs Betis game in the CDR, Marseille multiple times etc

@Kunty McPhuck

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't feel like watching the rest of any of these shyts :russell: should've gone straight to penalties.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
This was way before my time but is football hooliganism on a rise globally? Seems like every other weak there’s something in the news about pitch invaders, fights, rowdy behaviour etc.

The stuff that happened in Mexico last week, the Sevilla vs Betis game in the CDR, Marseille multiple times etc

@Kunty McPhuck
Post-covid fukkery.

People are bursting at the seems for a scrap/to cause havoc.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

@Kunty McPhuck

It's feels like its a knock on after effect from covid. With all the lockdowns and the vaccine mandates the various protests (BLM anti vaxx the election phuckery Super League etc). People are more frustrated than ever and when that happens shyt is going to explode sooner or later. So far it's being kept to the football grounds. But it's definitely a society problem like it was in the 70's and 80's Britain. Sprinkle the resurgence of RW ideology gaining momentum (I think around 2015-2016) it's become a dangerous cocktail of anger and rage.