Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
He's a generational young player. To be frank, we did the same to Kobe. When you don't want a player to go, you find or search hard for outs but let's be real, if he was aging or just you or I, he's donzo
really wish yall would stop saying that

he's not THAT good

shyt, I barely consider Mbappe and Halaand generational and he is not close to their level.

I get your overall point, but this word is overused

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Listen to this man.

Chelsea fans called Havertz generational in the summer of 2020.
holy shyt, I actually remember this :russ:

and it wasn't just Chelsea fans too.

everytime I read someone call him generational, I kept questioning myself that maybe I'm looking at football different from normal people. I kept thinking maybe I'm the problem and I'm being too harsh
:picard:

tbh, a 19-21 year old Hazard and late teen Neymar are better than all these youngsters. only Mbappe would maybe be close to their level

I really wish injuries hadn't stalled Dembele's development. because he was the only entertaining young player from this generation for me :mjcry:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
holy shyt, I actually remember this :russ:

and it wasn't just Chelsea fans too.

everytime I read someone call him generational, I kept questioning myself that maybe I'm looking at football different from normal people. I kept thinking maybe I'm the problem and I'm being too harsh
:picard:

tbh, a 19-21 year old Hazard and late teen Neymar are better than all these youngsters. only Mbappe would maybe be close to their level

I really wish injuries hadn't stalled Dembele's development. because he was the only entertaining young player from this generation for me :mjcry:

I can't find the quotes but I remember you saying he was average / wasn't impressed. Fair play, you got it absolutely right :ehh:

Ever since somebody said he looks like Matic playing #10 I can't unsee it.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
really wish yall would stop saying that

he's not THAT good

shyt, I barely consider Mbappe and Halaand generational and he is not close to their level.

I get your overall point, but this word is overused
Damn, your threshold is super high if Haaland and Kylian barely make it :lolbron:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
With the Tom Brady news, i'm going to need to see the Glazers redirect that saved money to United :ufdup:

Gut that finished BAWL CLUB and send the savings to our DM fund.:blessed:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

This fanbase is a billionaire and manager's dream. They rationalize everything, should've never been signed in the first place.

Saying that Arsenal wage bill is around £80M-£90M. :whoo:

I'll let them cook but kinda excited to see what they do next. Hope they go full project youth. Can see them going after Ruben Neves or Jude Bellingham. The latter might be too young but he was close to joining before.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I hate the wage bill argument because Arsenal have been doing terrible business for the last 5 years. The only players we’ve sold at a profit since Wenger left are Iwobi and Willock and both of them came from our academy. Making savings on the wage bill means nothing when we’re paying players out of their contracts (Willian, Kolasinac, Mustafi) or letting them go for free (Wilshere, Ramsey, Auba, Ozil). If we were actually ran like a good business and sold players for a profit or at value, we’d have more money to spend on players. Our only two strikers in the team could leave for free in the summer.

Arteta’s terrible man management has tanked the value of several players to the point where we’re selling Auba for free and he had 18 months on his contract. Even on his high wages, a competent club gets money for him.

Arteta doesn’t even get along with Pepe so I can’t see him suddenly now being one of our main striking options.

frees up for what? If you don't get top 4 or even europa league status which top tier player will want to sign ?

Ain't like arsenal going to get a haaland or something. Kroenke's don't even care, kroenke's care about the rams>nuggets>avs>>missouri basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>arsenal

I'm trying to accentuate the positive. But the only way we were going to get any return on investment for Auba is if someone in the MLS wanted to pay for him. And that wasn't going to happen. I agree with Arteta's man management being poor. But the youth movement is working. So if there's progress towards ANYTHING in making the club younger and more dynamic, I'm for it.

We needed a striker...I personally thing Vlahovic made a terrible call in going to Juve who aren't a shoe in for UCL right now either. (Atalanta has a game in hand and a better Goal Differential)

I'm not saying Auba should have gone for 40m but I refuse to believe he's not worth anything on the transfer market. Arsenal had opportunities to sell Ainsley, Chambers, Guendozi & Torreira 12-18 months ago and those bids were rejected only for the players to not be used and loaned out or sold for considerably less than what we were offered for them previously. I'm not one of these Arsenal fans that's saying Arteta must use all these players but the way he's handled these players means we haven't been able to receive fees that could be immediately reinvested into the squad.

Daniel Levy has somehow managed to finesse money for fringe players and Chelsea are consistently getting fees for players so it can be done. I just don't see how we're supposed to compete when we're not being ran in a self sustaining way and we're not being ran like an oil money club.

Levy's also came up on a generational striker in Kane who's on his last legs. Son's been their most consistent player who they refused to make the main man (probably because he's Korean) traditionally those "fringe" players haven't performed. And with virtually the same key players outside of Toby and Vertoghen, that team has gone from UCL finalists to barely making Europa. Chelsea is, IMO, the only club right now with a model that's actually sustainable. They develop young players, loan em out like hell to inflate the value then sell them.

But to be honest, I'd kill to have Guendouzi back right now. For sure over the walking red card known as Xhaka. I personally think he'd mesh better with a younger group of players.