Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It's United being scared that Newcastle will become a top 4 club soon. They would rather not give them a good signing for a few mil and pray they are relegated without him
It's because we have barely any attackers left, not because we're scared of Chris Wood.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
He might escape prison, but any hopes of maintaining being in a top club is finished as is an international career.

If the girl drops the charges, he still has a long contract at Utd still :patrice:. Give it a few months and all will be forgotten :unimpressed:

My Utd friends and colleagues have already changed their tune within 24 hours, from "throw the book at him" to now "how do we know he punched her", "its not the first time someone lied on a twitter story" "lets wait to see what the police are saying" :dwillhuh:
They seriously trying to play this out as if the voice note is mason reading off a script in some weird role play :mjtf::unimpressed:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
If the girl drops the charges, he still has a long contract at Utd still :patrice:. Give it a few months and all will be forgotten :unimpressed:

My Utd friends and colleagues have already changed their tune within 24 hours, from "throw the book at him" to now "how do we know he punched her", "its not the first time someone lied on a twitter story" "lets wait to see what the police are saying" :dwillhuh:
They seriously trying to play this out as if the voice note is mason reading off a script in some weird role play :mjtf::unimpressed:
Find new friends.:patrice:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

My Utd friends and colleagues have already changed their tune within 24 hours, from "throw the book at him" to now "how do we know he punched her", "its not the first someone lied on a twitter story" "lets wait to see what the police are saying" :dwillhuh:

:gucci:

Sounds like a post from TLR.

HMP Wood is done out here.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watching this Neymar documentary, 90% in Portuguese but it still has quotables for days.

Neymar teasing his hair like 80s glam rock fukkery.

CTdS2BM.png

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The entire Arsenal fan base is gonna be cheering for the Bengals :heh:

Breh, I'm just happy SOMETHING happened. To be fair, I'd rather Auba be off the wages if he isn't gonna play. And now he can go and see what its like to play for scuffed Barca. And if the move works out more power to him. I'm actually interested to see him and Dembele again.

As far as Arsenal, bare minimum it frees them up for the summer. I'm still worried about not scoring goals, but apparently Pepe at the #9's been interesting in their training. So we'll see. He looked really good at AfCon.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Breh, I'm just happy SOMETHING happened. To be fair, I'd rather Auba be off the wages if he isn't gonna play. And now he can go and see what its like to play for scuffed Barca. And if the move works out more power to him. I'm actually interested to see him and Dembele again.

As far as Arsenal, bare minimum it frees them up for the summer. I'm still worried about not scoring goals, but apparently Pepe at the #9's been interesting in their training. So we'll see. He looked really good at AfCon.

I hate the wage bill argument because Arsenal have been doing terrible business for the last 5 years. The only players we’ve sold at a profit since Wenger left are Iwobi and Willock and both of them came from our academy. Making savings on the wage bill means nothing when we’re paying players out of their contracts (Willian, Kolasinac, Mustafi) or letting them go for free (Wilshere, Ramsey, Auba, Ozil). If we were actually ran like a good business and sold players for a profit or at value, we’d have more money to spend on players. Our only two strikers in the team could leave for free in the summer.

Arteta’s terrible man management has tanked the value of several players to the point where we’re selling Auba for free and he had 18 months on his contract. Even on his high wages, a competent club gets money for him.

Arteta doesn’t even get along with Pepe so I can’t see him suddenly now being one of our main striking options.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

frees up for what? If you don't get top 4 or even europa league status which top tier player will want to sign ?

Ain't like arsenal going to get a haaland or something. Kroenke's don't even care, kroenke's care about the rams>nuggets>avs>>missouri basketball>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>arsenal

• Dap
Reactions: EA

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I hate the wage bill argument because Arsenal have been doing terrible business for the last 5 years. The only players we’ve sold at a profit since Wenger left are Iwobi and Willock and both of them came from our academy. Making savings on the wage bill means nothing when we’re paying players out of their contracts (Willian, Kolasinac, Mustafi) or letting them go for free (Wilshere, Ramsey, Auba, Ozil). If we were actually ran like a good business and sold players for a profit or at value, we’d have more money to spend on players. Our only two strikers in the team could leave for free in the summer.

Arteta’s terrible man management has tanked the value of several players to the point where we’re selling Auba for free and he had 18 months on his contract. Even on his high wages, a competent club gets money for him.

Arteta doesn’t even get along with Pepe so I can’t see him suddenly now being one of our main striking options.

Preach :salute:
how about guendouzi and saliba
both guys would be starting week in and week out if they were here

saliba hasn't even played a game for arsenal yet, paid 27 million for that transfer fee and

• Dap
Reactions: EA