Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
reading the Pitch Invasion book, the articles on US Soccer's dark ages :mindblown: tons of leagues, indoor soccer golden age averaging 10,000? televised on espn and bonafide stars? and mls putting a stop to that nonsense

Pitch Invasion - A Soccer Culture Blog here's the article. it's all freely available on the internet but bought the book in support of one of my favorite sites throughout the years.

I think this sums up American soccer before 2000 quite nicely. :laugh:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6MIfNkDi6k"]Wave :30 from 1987 - YouTube[/ame]

SOCCER DUDE, YEAH!
Props to the pioneers.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Arsenal Manager, Arsene Wenger speaks to Sports Journalism students at LCC » London College of Communication

He was also keen to point out how the media and the immediacy of the internet have led to a cultural change.

“We have moved from a society of full support, to a media society and an opinion society. When I arrived here a defeat was not as dramatic as it is today. Why? Because we have moved from a rational society to a much more emotional society.”

“When you finish a game it is analysed in a minute and the opinions go through the whole of society in 10 minutes. The emotional side of any reaction today is massive,” Wenger described.

Wenger has to deal with his decisions coming under scrutiny in today’s world of endless blogs, news outlets and streams of analyses. The 63-year-old is of the view that because there are so many opinions swirling around, often the lines become blurred between professional and constructive analysis and that of throwaway comments from those less informed.

He said: “Our society has changed much deeper than we think it has. Sometimes for good because people are better informed, but as well sometimes for bad because people who really take action, people who have responsibilities are not respected as much as before. When you have an opinion you’re tempted to think you are right, because you do not have to prove you’re right. It’s just an opinion. Today everyone has an opinion and people who have real responsibilities are less respected.”

interesting tbf

KOTK

Pro
Daps
About time we sent some fukkin supply teachers over to Oz.

We all fukk up a year in our lives, just put it down 'Thought the World was gunna End' so I didnt give a flyin fukk :yeshrug:
I have a nice little bs 'woah is me' narrative drafted around a failing school and the fact that three of the breres i was closest to at different points growing up have all served jail time (or should have(technicalities)) + others i hung with haven't left tha city as some sort of consolation for my fukkeries, but truely since practically day one i've been an apathetic piece of shyt:beli: and any moments that go against the grain seem just like aberrations. honestly that thing in mckee where he talks about the essence of character being that everyone doers the minimum they think they have to has resonated with me quite a lot. i need to find a way to want more before it's too late tbf. And on that note, I chase the night. Ciao for now, #cuckloaders :salute:

edit: in Oz i'd want to be drivinga tractor on some hick farm or bikini waxing or mining or some shyt (ll) tbf

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my bwoys lil brother (jay dasilva) is starting for england in the U-16's game on sky sports 1. He's playing left back. Scorch, he's 1 of the three dasilva boys that joined chelsea a few months ago

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I have a nice little bs 'woah is me' narrative drafted around a failing school and the fact that three of the breres i was closest to at different points growing up have all served jail time (or should have(technicalities)) + others i hung with haven't left tha city as some sort of consolation for my fukkeries, but truely since practically day one i've been an apathetic piece of shyt:beli: and any moments that go against the grain seem just like aberrations. honestly that thing in mckee where he talks about the essence of character being that everyone doers the minimum they think they have to has resonated with me quite a lot. i need to find a way to want more before it's too late tbf. And on that note, I chase the night. Ciao for now, #cuckloaders :salute:

edit: in Oz i'd want to be drivinga tractor on some hick farm or bikini waxing or mining or some shyt (ll) tbf

I'm quite disappointed you didnt put wrasslin crocs

KOTK

Pro
Daps
I'm quite disappointed you didnt put wrasslin crocs
still having frightmares about the hench kangaroo from that one thread a few weeks ago. plus the "lad" who sat on a croc the other weeek then back down the boozer got took the fukk out. i'm in no way about that life.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't he younger though?they were well young the first time you brought them up in here.

I'll have to ask my bwoy how old they are (I think around 13-14) but jay is the oldest out of the three. Rio and Jay are small but cole on the other hand is super :lift: brolic and nearly a foot taller than the other two

edit: they just said he's 13

jesus christ that means cole got them lebron genes :wow: cos he's 12 and like 5ft8