Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You always bang this drum.

Whenever someone signs a good player it's "they are doing what wenger was doing ages ago!!!"

So why does wenger continually sign utter utter shyte, time and time again?

Did he just decide to give up on his oh so successful system to give everyone else a chance?

Bore off.
why does this make you mad?:leostare:

They are doing what Wenger was doing ten years ago, signing quality from France for small sums. And yes, Wenger has gotten shyt at it, which is what my post was stating. I did not think I had to spell this out.:snoop:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It makes me mad because you're making Wenger out to be something he's very much not.

If he hadn't won those titles in the years we got bored i'd be on the brink of calling him a huge fraud.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On 21 May 2005 - seven years ago - Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira held aloft the FA Cup after defeating Man United 5-4 on penalties.

Happy anniversary lads :skip:

BOBN

Pro
Daps
You know what I mean.

He signed park knowing he wasn't good enough for the premier league.
wait, thats disgusting

if thats true he should be sacked on the spot tbh (lets pretend arsenal have a board thats about winning)

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Wenger did not sign Park knowing he wasnt good enough :laff:

Wenger and his scouts fukked up thinking he was good enough, only to find out the guy is shyt and of no use at all. And Park lied to the club on top of that which cost Arsenal more money.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Park, and I can presume Monaco as well, lied about Park's military service status. He was only supposed to be around for 2 years then go into military service for the next few years. The original transfer fee was 2 million, but it would go up to 6 if he got out of that commitment. No one at Arsenal knew that Park was granted military exemption right before he signed with Arsenal. The news came out in March.

Park’s lawyer reveals ongoing Arsenal & Monaco talks | Arseblog News – the Arsenal news site

lie may be strong, but the club was misled/merked. Serves them right for fukking over Lille, tbf.

Bale:laff:
Bale told ESPN: “I spoke about it before [with Redknapp] but the main person I have spoken to is my agent. He has watched me.

“If you look at the likes of [Cristiano] Ronaldo, when he started out wide and he got really good, people began to double up on him. He had to come inside, try and change his game and get on the ball and influence the game another way.

“Last season it was becoming a bit annoying for me because a lot of teams were putting a midfielder right in front of me and a full-back behind. It’s hard to get the ball out wide when people are just standing there and there is no space.

“I wanted to come inside and become more involved, to come and get the ball and have an effect on the game. Thankfully I have progressed this season and I am able to do that now.”

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all these players would strengthen the current squad.

im holding back the cock sucking until he adequately replaces a single one of the players you listed.

ade out, chamakh and park in :deadrose:
Koscielny is a much better player than Kolo was, certainly at the end. Vermaelen has had probably his worst season since he joined us, but he's still got a lot more chance to be a decent centre half than Toure.

£15m was good business... he's never worth that. Where is he in the City pecking order? 4th behind Savic? Maybe 3rd at a push, but Kolo been frauding it up...

It's basically the same amount as we spent on Ox... and when you're in the process of getting your finances straight, these are the decisions you have to make... take 15m for an ehhh CB you picked up on the cheap to cop a genuinely world class potential player?.... you gotta do it.

Similarly if you can get £25m for Ade who's always had major flaws in his game and pick up a hungry breh like Podolski for £11m then use the other £14m elsewhere, go for it.

Going into the season with Chamakh and Park as striking alternatives was a bad move, and we should've had a better striker in there, but he's acted to try and fix that. Will be interesting to see how Podolski fills in across the front line and all is not quite lost with Vinho yet... Ox will probably get some games as a FW too.... they do need one more CF, but all clubs have made errors...

Utd with Owen, Chelsea/Liverpool pissing money away on strikers that haven't worked, Chelsea again thinking Sturridge was capable of playing a game which involves team mates... Spurs offloading Pav and bringing in Saha...

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You always bang this drum.

Whenever someone signs a good player it's "they are doing what wenger was doing ages ago!!!"

So why does wenger continually sign utter utter shyte, time and time again?

Did he just decide to give up on his oh so successful system to give everyone else a chance?

Bore off.
The level has changed.

If Wenger managed Everton, Newcastle, Liverpool... one of those teams... he could sign 8 players tomorrow who'd come into the squad, make them better and push them up.

That's the level the top of the premier league was at when Wenger was doing it.

To now compete for the prem title, you've gotta be even better. The signings to compete with now are the likes of Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero.... you're not getting those kinda players on the cheap in France.

Plus every club is looking for them.... even an unproven potential fraud like Pogba can command 60k a week.... whereas 96 Vieira was still an unwanted guy on low wages.... game done changed.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

:laff:

Get a right foot 1st u monkey lookin fakkit. He cant even put in a consistent season from start to finish yet he wants to compare himself to C dot. Or the fact that his cry babyin fukked Spurs team up havin to play others out of position. And he aint even good on the right, Adam Johnson on the right >>> Bale

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wenger did not sign Park knowing he wasnt good enough :laff:

Wenger and his scouts fukked up thinking he was good enough, only to find out the guy is shyt and of no use at all. And Park lied to the club on top of that which cost Arsenal more money.

I believe they signed him for financial reasons (kit sales in Asia and shyt), that's why the one game I remember him playing in was against the biggest team in English football.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I believe they signed him for financial reasons (kit sales in Asia and shyt), that's why the one game I remember him playing in was against the biggest team in English football.

so they humiliate him and keep him on the bench for most of the season? Remember, dude is/was captain of South Korea and their all time leading goal scorer. If it was for financial reasons, they would not be as hated as they are now.

if the club signed Park, and gave him a spot in the 22 man squad for financial reasons, then everyone should be fired today. I dont believe they did, remember they signed dude from under Lille's nose at the last minute. I cant see it being financial, just a terrible mistake for all involved.