Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so they humiliate him and keep him on the bench for most of the season? Remember, dude is/was captain of South Korea and their all time leading goal scorer. If it was for financial reasons, they would not be as hated as they are now.

if the club signed Park, and gave him a spot in the 22 man squad for financial reasons, then everyone should be fired today. I dont believe they did, remember they signed dude from under Lille's nose at the last minute. I cant see it being financial, just a terrible mistake for all involved.

Maybe they didn't anticipate the start we had and it was no longer an option to chuck him on in games for 10 minutes at the end, so he got benched.

Why buy a player then never play him unless it's for weird reasons?

And I'm sure we got history of this (inamoto), another weird Asian signing that sold kits, but done nothing for the team.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kill that talk about arsenal signing Park for commercial reasons.

Wenger thought he could be a good player... and was wrong.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Maybe they didn't anticipate the start we had and it was no longer an option to chuck him on in games for 10 minutes at the end, so he got benched.

Why buy a player then never play him unless it's for weird reasons?

And I'm sure we got history of this (inamoto), another weird Asian signing that sold kits, but done nothing for the team.

Fulham did that once but failed and had a Korean sponsor too at the time. Inamoto Da Gawd :bow: nothing can ever be said about this man.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
Koscielny is a much better player than Kolo was, certainly at the end. Vermaelen has had probably his worst season since he joined us, but he's still got a lot more chance to be a decent centre half than Toure.
I see koscielny as vermaleans replacement for when weve finally had enough of his shyt.

we still need a toure replacement.

Park, and I can presume Monaco as well, lied about Park's military service status. He was only supposed to be around for 2 years then go into military service for the next few years. The original transfer fee was 2 million, but it would go up to 6 if he got out of that commitment. No one at Arsenal knew that Park was granted military exemption right before he signed with Arsenal. The news came out in March.

Park’s lawyer reveals ongoing Arsenal & Monaco talks | Arseblog News – the Arsenal news site

lie may be strong, but the club was misled/merked. Serves them right for fukking over Lille, tbf.
:deadrose:

we could have got kompany with that 6 :yeshrug: