Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
More 16 year olds smh
A few questions for UK heads :
How much Arsenal is in debt due to the Emirates Stadium ?
Isn't it the reason why Wenger buy cheap (therefore buy youngsters) ?

EDIT : Why is this thread not sticked like the boxing thread ?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:rudy: at deciding to give him praise all of a sudden as if he hasn't been exactly the same player they're describing for almost his entire Chelsea career.

:childplease: If you really pay attention Mikel has been the rock on a team that has been really shaky with possession. You have guys like Bosingwa, Kalou and Torres that are so quick to lose the ball and if you really watch Mikel, he's always winning the ball, his passes are always spot on and he is calm and composed always where he needs to be.

Sounds like everyone's talking about Michael Carrick.

Only difference between that Michael Carrick has a passing range that Mikel can only dream of.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few questions for UK heads :
How much Arsenal is in debt due to the Emirates Stadium ?
Isn't it the reason why Wenger buy cheap (therefore buy youngsters) ?

EDIT : Why is this thread not sticked like the boxing thread ?
Arsenal's debt is entirely down to the mortgage taken to buy the Emirates stadium.

However, it has been well managed to the point that it is now around £135m.

To put that figure into context, Arsenal have made a profit of £153m over the past 4 years.

This is in no small part down to big player sales (Fabregas, Nasri, Adebayor, Toure, etc....) and you'd hope that we don't see a continuing trend of the very best departing (RVP) but there's a lot to be said for making a very healthy profit on players who have done what they can but aren't quite top class (Kolo and Adebayor spring to mind).

It's partly why Wenger's buying "cheap" but it's also because the only way to get multiple world class players is to find value and make them yourself (unless you have Man City money).... Henry, Fabregas, Vieira, Pires, Cole, Bergkamp, Campbell.... buying all of those guys as ready-made world class superstars would cost you in the hundreds of millions.... so you've got to mould them or buy them when they're out of favour elsewhere.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
All those world class players you had, you either kept hold of them too long and never got a good fee, or you got mugged off with the fee by a bigger club.

Arsenal's good business sense is a myth.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
[YOUTUBE]G-9VQH9akwk[/YOUTUBE]

He sounds like a teenage manc, voice breaking and everything.

ShooOOooot.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All those world class players you had, you either kept hold of them too long and never got a good fee, or you got mugged off with the fee by a bigger club.

Arsenal's good business sense is a myth.
cmon coates, you know better than that.

turning anelka from 500k to £22m, spending half the proceeds on Henry, some on a training ground, watching Henry break the club's scoring all-time record becoming arguably the world's best player for a while then recouping close to £15m on Henry was piffery.

Vieira for what...£4-5m??? then seeing him become a club legend, giving us his best years then still getting 3-4x that fee for him. cmon...

Getting £24m for Nasri with one year left on his contract.... getting £40m for Adebayor and Toure who are not, and have never been, top class players...

Fabregas is one where we sold cheap but there were very exceptional circumstances there.

Who did they hold on to for too long?

It's easy to say cash in, but then you look at the holes left by the departure of henry/vieira and you realise the money isn't worth it. trust me, we've been there.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fergie did it easily when he had a huge budget and was consistently breaking transfer records.

ruud, rio, rooney, berba, anderson, carrick, veron... you're looking at £150m + already.... how the fukk you gonna not fill the holes when you can even afford to throw money at players to fail then still have more to spend?

now we're seeing utd fans complain about the squad, even after he's been able to spend £50m this summer like it was nothing.... but as his constraints come slightly closer to those that other clubs have had to live within for decades, you see his job being more difficult.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
Getting £24m for Nasri with one year left on his contract.... getting £40m for Adebayor and Toure who are not, and have never been, top class players...
all these players would strengthen the current squad.

im holding back the cock sucking until he adequately replaces a single one of the players you listed.

ade out, chamakh and park in :deadrose:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arshavin was meant to be the new big name after him, that's why he cost decent money, but it never panned out that way.

Park seems like a business move (which I think is ridiculous for a club like arsenal), I think he genuinely thought chamakh was gona be decent, but after a promising start it seems like he has no confidence and has lost the crowd totally, I think if he got a new club he might be okay, but it's over for us and him.

hopefully gervinho can turn it around, but he seems to be going the same way, even though pires had a mediocre first season, so we can st least live in hope.

Something has to happen down there, it's crazy to me they we finished 3rd lol

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And Ade was a c*nt, typical believe their own hype player.

Lazy and will never hit the heights he shouldve

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
More 16 year olds smh
He's 12

And Park was not a business move as South Korea now hates Arsenal. Wenger's worst ever transfer is Park. Until I start the season not saying, "we Are only 2-3 players away" I won't say anything positive about the club's transfer policy any longer.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haha, well that's back fired, but I still think they bought him to sell kits, it's infuriating to see him come on as sub against man utd, cos I'm assuming it's cos it's a big game.

And yeah, we've been 3/4 players away for neatly ten years now, it's boring at this point, she cos when we got the new ground I genuinely thought it was the start of a bigger era for the club, maybe it will be one day, but at the
Minute it's embarrassing.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Arshavin was meant to be the new big name after him, that's why he cost decent money, but it never panned out that way.

Park seems like a business move (which I think is ridiculous for a club like arsenal), I think he genuinely thought chamakh was gona be decent, but after a promising start it seems like he has no confidence and has lost the crowd totally, I think if he got a new club he might be okay, but it's over for us and him.

hopefully gervinho can turn it around, but he seems to be going the same way, even though pires had a mediocre first season, so we can st least live in hope.

Something has to happen down there, it's crazy to me they we finished 3rd lol

Vinho aint built for shyt. Breh was still cryin about losin the ACN 2 months later, while Diddy, who got his Robben on in the final was carryin on like usual. That alone tells u that Forehead isnt the player thats gunna help Arsenal push on. Sell him see if they can get their money back or even get a profit lol, u know the Wenger way.