Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Wenger for the England job

Boss will get them the world Cup :banderas:

I'm a Wenger stan so I'm for this.

A lot of these teams have defensive/cautious managers, attacking minded managers can exploit that. It's hard to shift back into attacking mode when you're being overly cautious (Switzerland - France, England - Italy).

Wenger knows English culture, he's practically a London boy now. Great man management. France won't give him the job, England might as well.

Low key why I respect these Americans. Ruthless country as soon as you're out of the womb. England being too kind to the likes of Grealish, Henderson, Southgate, and Sterling.

USA 2026, written in the stars, if they get a real manager.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

A lot of these teams have defensive/cautious managers, attacking minded managers can exploit that. It's hard to shift back into attacking mode when you're being overly cautious (Switzerland - France, England - Italy).

Wenger knows English culture, he's practically a London boy now. Great man management. France won't give him the job, England might as well.

Low key why I respect these Americans. Ruthless country as soon as you're out of the womb. England being too kind to the likes of Grealish, Henderson, Southgate, and Sterling.

USA 2026, written in the stars, if they get a real manager.

A knighthood for failure

:mjlol:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

I think England should make the call for Wenger. This is the perfect time for him.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
He’s been extremely lucky in both tournaments he’s faced so far.

This. Last WC they faced a James-less Colombia to win on PKs. When they got to Croatia they folded. Even lost in the 3rd place match to a B-side Belgium.

This Euros the only decent team the faced was Denmark and even then they won on a dubious penalty.

Germany wasn’t the same of old and even then the match was even, Muller and Werner score and it’s 2-2.

And this Croatia side is a far-cry from WC’18.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
E6HZiKLXIAEeD6z

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
This. Last WC they faced a James-less Colombia to win on PKs. When they got to Croatia they folded. Even lost in the 3rd place match to a B-side Belgium.

This Euros the only decent team the faced was Denmark and even then they won on a dubious penalty.

Germany wasn’t the same of old and even then the match was even, Muller and Werner score and it’s 2-2.

I’m still mad they ended that Colombia run:francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

:comeon:

England played their B team also vs Belgium in the best losers match.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

When you look at the teams Italy faced on their way to the final, if England had faced the same teams, they’d have been knocked out at the quarter finals to Belgium. Italy vs Spain to me was the real final. The quality in that game was insane