Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Wenger for the England job

Boss will get them the world Cup :banderas:

Strangely enough I've heard a lot of people at different points of my life suggest this.

Current England is built like a classic Wenger Arsenal side tbh.

Amazing attacking talent, midfielders that people rekon are well-underrated and a questionable defense that we'll ignore until the mistakes roll in

:snoop:

100% facts I'm glad you see it too. The media helps drive this bullshyt

The English media is a huge part of why England will likely never win anything added on top of having next to no manager of any decent quality (Southgate is there because he hasn't fukked up monumentally yet and we literally have no body clearly better.)

There's no moderation with them. Players are either complete shyt one day and world class the next based on the last match they played

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
When the dust settles. England had a good tournament. Losing the final on pens hurts but is not bad at all.

Italy were worthy winners.

I cant say Southgate got the best from this group of players but he got a lot from himself.

You can say its a lack of trust but Saka should not have been the one to take that pen. Same with Sancho who I just heard has never ever taken a pen before. (Found out this is false)

Southgate has to take the L for that.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
When the dust settles. England had a good tournament. Losing the final on pens hurts and is not bad at all.

Italy were worthy winners.

I cant say Southgate got the best from this group of players but he got a lot from himself.

You can say its a lack of trust but Saka should not have been the one to take that pen. Same with Sancho who I just heard has never ever taken a pen before.

Southgate has to take the L for that.

Who has been pushing this nonsense?. People cannot even do simple googles nowadays :scust:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Point is with the Sancho thing, there were many others that should've taken it before him, Sterling being one of them.

Also, as some people mentioned on Twitter as well as Alan Shearer, you've been sitting down for almost three hours. Your mind nor emotions are prepare to take a penalty that will determine the sporting fate of a whole nation. Especially being under 25.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Plenty of hot takes but when the heat decreases, people realize that Southgate is a competent enough coach. Not top tier but not as bad as people think. His real weakness is that he thinks safety first, similar to Deschamps.

And you might not like it but this gives results in major tourneys. Spain won the WC scoring an average of 1 goal per match. Portugal won their Euro by drawing everything but the final. France won the WC by relying on counters because we had MBappé. Sometimes being pragmatic is a good solution.

He messed up the final, that's true but I would put that fail on the pressure and inexperience rather than incompetency and now he can still improve. Man already had a WC semi and a Euro final to his name. If he can learn how to let go and go for broke then England will be a problem for years to come.

I will always be rooting against them obviously but that doesnt prevent me from seeing the quality of the squad.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Point is with the Sancho thing, there were many others that should've taken it before him, Sterling being one of them.

Also, as some people mentioned on Twitter as well as Alan Shearer, you've been sitting down for almost three hours. Your mind nor emotions are prepare to take a penalty that will determine the sporting fate of a whole nation. Especially being under 25.
Sterling has a terrible penalty record.
Raheem Sterling - Penalty goals

He scored 2/5 penalties in his entire career. You wouldnt want him to take one, let's be real. Sterling is good at getting pens not taking them.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Purely from a footballing standpoint, England overachieved by making it to the finals because I don’t rate Southgate as a manager so I honestly don’t care that they’ve lost, especially on penalties. The way the team was set up yesterday was too negative and allowed Italy to have too much of the ball. The only bad choice in the shoutout was Saka and I have no idea why he was picked. As an Arsenal fan, I know for sure that he doesn’t take pens.

The racial abuse Saka, Sancho and Rashford have received since irks me 1000x more than the match though. I even know people who got shouted at by hooligans yesterday after the match so I’m pissed off.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Sterling has a terrible penalty record.
Raheem Sterling - Penalty goals

He scored 2/5 penalties in his entire career. You wouldnt want him to take one, let's be real. Sterling is good at getting pens not taking them.

Can imagine all the juelzing with Baggio miss in 94 in this day in age. He was injured he should of never took a pen. His could barely move why was he taking it.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The only bad choice in the shoutout was Saka and I have no idea why he was picked. As an Arsenal fan, I know for sure that he doesn’t take pens.

Apparently Sancho has never taken a competitive penalty before. Or so I have read.

You think he was not a bad choice?

You could see he was very nervous when he was waiting to come on.

sancho looks like a man ready to miss a penalty. too nervous. :picard:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Purely from a footballing standpoint, England overachieved by making it to the finals because I don’t rate Southgate as a manager so I honestly don’t care that they’ve lost, especially on penalties. The way the team was set up yesterday was too negative and allowed Italy to have too much of the ball. The only bad choice in the shoutout was Saka and I have no idea why he was picked. As an Arsenal fan, I know for sure that he doesn’t take pens.

The racial abuse Saka, Sancho and Rashford have received since irks me 1000x more than the match though. I even know people who got shouted at by hooligans yesterday after the match so I’m pissed off.

Saka was picked to take the pen because the training data said he was one of the 5 best takers. Waistcoat makes his decisions based off data and never on feel or what he sees. He like the majority of English/British/Trained in Britain coaches arent proactive enough with subs or tactical changes and think making first sub in the 75th min to go at tired legs is going to work for the last 15 mins. The only kinda feel moments were starting Saka vs Czech and Germany and that was only because Mount was isolating and starting Sancho vs Ukraine. Everything else is data driven.