Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
From the few screenshots I saw, I noticed there were a lot of Axmeds and Bashiirs...

Is it true that many Somali in the UK do not really identify as Black/Africans?

Also, Idk if you're from the UK but I always wondered why the country do not produce Anglo-Somali football players. This community have a strong football culture and not every of them have 10 000 meters body types. Yet, not top class Somali player exist in the PL.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
That was the match he was referring to. That group game nobody wanted to win. Martinez looked annoyed when Januzaj scored. :russ:

Ok, did some recon. The “B-Side” game was in the final group stage match. The winner would have been on the “strong” side of the bracket with Uruguay, France, Portugal, Brazil and Argentina.

The 3rd place match was at full strength.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't know, I can only go by what I read on the coli but then again you could mention any ethnicity and this board would say they don't identify as Black/African. I assume they simply identify with their culture first and people take it the wrong way...

Also, Idk if you're from the UK but I always wondered why the country do not produce Anglo-Somali football players. This community have a strong football culture and not every of them have 10 000 meters body types. Yet, not top class Somali player exist in the PL.

No idea. :manny:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Somalia’s British Diaspora: The Future of Somali Football - African Football HQ

Don't produce hardly any Indian/Pakistani players either. And they've been living in the UK/England for about the same amount of time as the Caribbean's have. All 3 came over in the 50's to help a bunch of ungrateful phucks rebuild after the war. Indians went to work on the Railways in Midlands as they did back in the motherland. Also did manufacturing/textiles along with Pakistanis. Reasons why there are big communities in the NW England and Midlands.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
here is a headline you will never see:

"tramp abuses queen"

or

"tramp abuses president"

it wouldn't matter what the tramp said, it would never be termed "abuse" because of the power imbalance between queen and knave. between president and peasant.

this constant use of "abuse" (with implicit subjective power differential) rather than more neutral "hatred", "barbs" or simple "illegal racism" over time reinforces in the mind of the lowliest gringo that they have the power to "abuse" any black person. even black millionaires or even billionaires.

it empowers the dullest among them to feel superior because to "abuse" is to "humiliate" and they are constantly being told by society that within their hands lies the power to humiliate black people at will. irrespective of the relative position of that black person.

the press avoids headlines such as "queen abused" because of what that would imply.

this constant refrain of "black people are being abused" (subtext: because any of you can abuse them) in many minds does the opposite of what it is purports to do. it is like those adverts with the flies and the pot bellied kids in "africa". a nugget of truth used as an element of subversion.

almost daily headlines of "black people abused" (by these lowly scrotes) is not the way forward in 2021.

it is a long con. an insult disguised as compassion. call them "illegal racists" or "criminal racists" (for example) and you would be labelling them as (disempowered) criminals rather than what we do now, which is to label them as (empowered) "abusers" and by implication almost the highest black person as their potential "victim".

sometimes I question some the things I see going on before my very eyes :hhh: .

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not from the UK but I am Somali. Id say majority of younger generation do, but it depends. Older generation far more likely to identify with their ethnicity before anything.

Hard to pinpoint a single reason why no quality players have been produced, but Id say part of it is a disconnect from their parents that football could be a legit pathway to a profession. Slowly changing, especially as parents get younger, and a second generation is born. One former Chelsea academy player got naturalized by Saudi and will be playing on their Olympic team this summer. Sweden's U-21 captain is a Somali kid as well.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
1 hour of facts
e88DyOK.png