Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps

tenor.gif

:gucci::mjtf:

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
he wants to out-do Mou at a second club :wow:

some beef is everlasting ...

Well he has never managed to equal Mourinho, much less outdo him.

Mourinho went back-to-back at Chelsea and won an extra league title after that on top. Conte won just one league and then it all fell apart.

Mourinho went back-to-back at Inter and won a treble, which included a Champions League run against:

Round of 16 - Chelsea (who would go on to break the all-time Premier League goalscoring record and claim a domestic double that season)

Semi final - Barcelona (who won La Liga that season, were coming off a perfect record of 6 wins out of 6 competitions entered in the previous 11 months, and were touted as the best team in the history of football, ever)

Final - Bayern Munich (who also did the domestic double that season, back when Germany was actually competitive and they had a bunch of really strong teams like Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund who went toe-to-toe with Bayern throughout the late 00s)

Conte has not only never won a European title, Mourinho's last CL win with Inter was in my opinion among the hardest and most deserved CL wins ever, just because of how difficult the draw was. How often do you have to beat that season's domestic double winners of the other 3 major European leagues to win the CL title? You usually get an easy draw somewhere against a smaller side, and then another easy-ish draw against the 4th place team from one of the major leagues. You usually get to play an Arsenal or a PSV Eindhoven until you get to the semi-finals, but that Inter side was thrown up against it by drawing double-winners Chelsea, double-winners Barcelona, and double-winners Bayern Munich. Inter's treble that season only happened by denying three other clubs the opportunity to accomplish their own trebles, which is what makes that such a special achievement.

Conte will never equal Mourinho's legacy, wherever he goes. Well at Spurs all he'd have to do is win a league cup, so that's possible. But at Real Madrid or at Porto, it isn't happening, and obviously it won't happen at Chelsea and Inter since they won't hire him again

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Well he has never managed to equal Mourinho, much less outdo him.

Mourinho went back-to-back at Chelsea and won an extra league title after that on top. Conte won just one league and then it all fell apart.

Mourinho went back-to-back at Inter and won a treble, which included a Champions League run against:

Round of 16 - Chelsea (who would go on to break the all-time Premier League goalscoring record and claim a domestic double that season)

Semi final - Barcelona (who won La Liga that season, were coming off a perfect record of 6 wins out of 6 competitions entered in the previous 11 months, and were touted as the best team in the history of football, ever)

Final - Bayern Munich (who also did the domestic double that season, back when Germany was actually competitive and they had a bunch of really strong teams like Wolfsburg, Stuttgart and Borussia Dortmund who went toe-to-toe with Bayern throughout the late 00s)

Conte has not only never won a European title, Mourinho's last CL win with Inter was in my opinion among the hardest and most deserved CL wins ever, just because of how difficult the draw was. How often do you have to beat that season's domestic double winners of the other 3 major European leagues to win the CL title? You usually get an easy draw somewhere against a smaller side, and then another easy-ish draw against the 4th place team from one of the major leagues. You usually get to play an Arsenal or a PSV Eindhoven until you get to the semi-finals, but that Inter side was thrown up against it by drawing double-winners Chelsea, double-winners Barcelona, and double-winners Bayern Munich. Inter's treble that season only happened by denying three other clubs the opportunity to accomplish their own trebles, which is what makes that such a special achievement.

Conte will never equal Mourinho's legacy, wherever he goes. Well at Spurs all he'd have to do is win a league cup, so that's possible. But at Real Madrid or at Porto, it isn't happening, and obviously it won't happen at Chelsea and Inter since they won't hire him again

I meant overshadow and it was tongue in cheek with a nod at the notion that Conte seems to have Mou's number in more ways than one. "Out-Mou'ing" Mou with his behaviour and his serial winning, now. Out do in the sense that recent-Mou-fails to win with a team, gets fired and then Conte comes in and smashes everyone with the same team. Like at Chelsea. My guess is that Conte will do better at Spurs.

when Chelsea played Man Utd in 2018 Mou had no answers. He looked as lost as SAF did against Barca in 2009 and 2011.

Or let's put it this way, if Mou and Conte were to play a final today the money would be on Conte to win.

I am not saying Conte >> Mou, (because I really don't care, don't know and that was not my point) I am saying that one-on-one Conte seems to have the upper hand as things stand.

Or let's put it another way, Conte has shown that cannot be cowed or bullied by Mou and that he is equally, if not more uncompromising and that he is also a serial winner.

Like Mou v2.0 while Mou's star has faded (for the time being).

I should also add that for all we know Conte could be the anti-Ancelotti - great at leagues, comparatively not so great in Europe. A bit like SAF.

I did not literally mean rack up and count everything. English is like that. If Mbappe transgerred to Barca today and scored twice as many goals as Messi next season that would be referred to him "outdoing Messi" even if in the aggregate he is unlikely to broadly win as much.

It is like how Osaka is out-doing Serena at the slams now - despite what we know about the totals.

So Conte out-did ("showed up") Mou at Chelsea and wants to do it at Spurs.. A light=hearted joke ha ha ho ho. I have no idea whether that is true or not (highly unlikely) but I found the notion amusing.

Last edited:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard something while trying to fall asleep that really bothers me these days.

Saeed said "we've gone 3 seasons without a trophy, thats atrocious", really, 3 seasons, atrocious :gucci:

I could understand if he said, I don't see any improvement or like the direction they going in. But as a United fans, he's seen 2 trips to a CL Final, won 1, seen multiple PL titles, FA, League Cup and even Europa trophies.

This entitlement by certain fans, it's really off putting, and just so spoiled bratish. To hear Arsenal fans moan and moan. This is us at our worst, in 8th place 6/7 points from 3rd. This is our worst right here.

I understand it's levels to everything. But when I see grown ass fans, who have been through rough times, acting like lil kids, cause the team didn't win a trophy, and hearing adults say "my team let me down" wtf:scust:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I heard something while trying to fall asleep that really bothers me these days.

Saeed said "we've gone 3 seasons without a trophy, thats atrocious", really, 3 seasons, atrocious :gucci:

I could understand if he said, I don't see any improvement or like the direction they going in. But as a United fans, he's seen 2 trips to a CL Final, won 1, seen multiple PL titles, FA, League Cup and even Europa trophies.

This entitlement by certain fans, it's really off putting, and just so spoiled bratish. To hear Arsenal fans moan and moan. This is us at our worst, in 8th place 6/7 points from 3rd. This is our worst right here.

I understand it's levels to everything. But when I see grown ass fans, who have been through rough times, acting like lil kids, cause the team didn't win a trophy, and hearing adults say "my team let me down" wtf:scust:

E6WIjKY.png

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

Are you an Arsenal fan? This man has been broken :russ:
The lineups AC Milan used to field like 5 or 6 years back made me a very very very humble fan. I don’t even ask much from my club anymore