Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
4dqsqhh.png

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

Hopefully the Konate deal gets confirmed and VVD/Gomez/Matip return

We're getting bodied out here
Those 4 won’t be enough though because Virg and Joe won’t be able to start week in week out and will have setbacks, I love Joel he is criminally underrated and he is Top 5 in the league and that’s no bias but he’s under some bad juju since he came to us :mindblown: and can’t be relied on unfortunately. Konate looks the real deal but that injury history scares me, I’ve seen it broke down that it’s really only the one major and the covid pause makes it look worse than it is but I’m shook all the same, 5th choice is gonna get loads of game time and we’ve seen the knock on effect of taking Fab or Hendo out of midfield, it can’t be Phillips or Williams, Kabak is such a no brainer even from a purely cynical moneyball perspective I really don’t understand why we aren’t gonna take that option up, I’m hoping we just trying to Debo Schalke with them being relegated and the talk about these 2 being kept around next season is being fed to the journos just to give those 2 confidence for the run in.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
ESR has done well. His link up play and off the ball movement has generally been good.

Yeah the attack only hits it's optimum every once in a while. But the defending has improved 3rd best defence and 5th in least shots faced. To me that shows there is some signs of progress. Considering you haven't had settled personnel playing at the back all season and maybe one good defender amongst the lot.

Not the biggest ESR fan but I can see that. I'm not sure if it's him or having a 10-like player. I'm seeing teams with lesser players create more chances, it's putting too much pressure on the attackers to score every chance.

The defending stats look good and that's with clown patrol back there but Arteta is like Emery. The approach is defensive. At least with Mikel the under lying numbers are good, I was shocked to see we were top 10 in attacking and defending.

If we finish strong, I'll feel more confident going into next season.

Until we have a proper midfield, non off our attackers will look good. This has been going since the last 2 seasons off Wenger

Even under Emery and Wenger's last few years we created and scored more with weaker midfields. There hasn't never been any fluidity under Mikel since the FA Cup. If we needed to create a chance (Villarreal - H) we struggled. I wouldn't be so harsh on breh if he seemed to have a clear vision. At least with the kids, it's clearer.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

So happy for Joe. Anyone who seen him knows he gets in good positions and he has a professional build. His timing is beyond his years. Him and Ramsey are very similar but not many systems can accommodate them, 4-3-3 being the most obvious.

Hope Arsenal keep him because he has a profile that is dying in football but still very valuable. Playing him as a number 10 was questionable. Anyone calling this a purple patch is crazy.

You need a system that limits his passing. Ramsey was a way better passer than Willock.

Willock could be like Dele Alli with Pochettino. I’m not convinced that’s a winning system though.