Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
We basically playing 9 v 11, if we really do decline the option on my nikka Ozan to keep Phillips around I stg :snoop:

:francis:

It's gonna be a long night

Mans struggling...mis-kicking balls, can't deal with balls into the box... Wood is sonning him

Also as they haven't had to deal with any crowds for a while hopefully the Burnley fans cheers and boos don't get to them. Turf Moor is very intimate and them man looking rattled at the back

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
If we do pull this off brehs there needs to be an honest assessment because we’ve done it in spite of these nikkas not because of, they need to be nowhere the squad next season, Phillips just ain’t good enough and he’s 24 we know what he is, Williams is young and you can see the potential but that pace :huhldup: is gonna be a problem ultimately I think. Like I really don’t understand sending Kabak back because surely the moneymen must love that option cause you can easily double that 18m in 2 seasons even if you were only trying to turn a quick prof, I think he’s got bags of potential and he’ll be a beast in a few years and is a steal at that price :yeshrug:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
:francis:

It's gonna be a long night

Mans struggling...mis-kicking balls, can't deal with balls into the box... Wood is sonning him

Also as they haven't had to deal with any crowds for a while hopefully the Burnley fans cheers and boos don't get to them. Turf Moor is very intimate and them man looking rattled at the back
Silly me thought lowkey the crowd might help us cause we could feed off it even though it ain’t our nikkas :francis:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jammy asss win, but I'll take it.

Much love and respect to Roy Hodgson, hated when Arsenal played his team's. Always made it tough for us

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arsenal could finish 6th? :mjlol::why:

That's true but the system makes all the attackers look bad. I can't say anyone has looked good except Saka and he's special.

Until we have a proper midfield, non off our attackers will look good. This has been going since the last 2 seasons off Wenger

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
If we do pull this off brehs there needs to be an honest assessment because we’ve done it in spite of these nikkas not because of, they need to be nowhere the squad next season, Phillips just ain’t good enough and he’s 24 we know what he is, Williams is young and you can see the potential but that pace :huhldup: is gonna be a problem ultimately I think. Like I really don’t understand sending Kabak back because surely the moneymen must love that option cause you can easily double that 18m in 2 seasons even if you were only trying to turn a quick prof, I think he’s got bags of potential and he’ll be a beast in a few years and is a steal at that price :yeshrug:

Hopefully the Konate deal gets confirmed and VVD/Gomez/Matip return

We're getting bodied out here

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ESR has done well. His link up play and off the ball movement has generally been good.

Yeah the attack only hits it's optimum every once in a while. But the defending has improved 3rd best defence and 5th in least shots faced. To me that shows there is some signs of progress. Considering you haven't had settled personnel playing at the back all season and maybe one good defender amongst the lot.

Thank you, this is best defense we've had in a long time. And if wasn't for a couple off goofy mistakes. We would be top 4.