Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the biggest ESR fan but I can see that. I'm not sure if it's him or having a 10-like player. I'm seeing teams with lesser players create more chances, it's putting too much pressure on the attackers to score every chance.

The defending stats look good and that's with clown patrol back there but Arteta is like Emery. The approach is defensive. At least with Mikel the under lying numbers are good, I was shocked to see we were top 10 in attacking and defending.

If we finish strong, I'll feel more confident going into next season.

Even under Emery and Wenger's last few years we created and scored more with weaker midfields. There hasn't never been any fluidity under Mikel since the FA Cup. If we needed to create a chance (Villarreal - H) we struggled. I wouldn't be so harsh on breh if he seemed to have a clear vision. At least with the kids, it's clearer.

Those last years off Wenger, we didn't create much. We were more clinical.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Crystal Palace we coming for you!!! ....
yYtVZrv.png

CCNmPo1.png

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Those 4 won’t be enough though because Virg and Joe won’t be able to start week in week out and will have setbacks, I love Joel he is criminally underrated and he is Top 5 in the league and that’s no bias but he’s under some bad juju since he came to us :mindblown: and can’t be relied on unfortunately. Konate looks the real deal but that injury history scares me, I’ve seen it broke down that it’s really only the one major and the covid pause makes it look worse than it is but I’m shook all the same, 5th choice is gonna get loads of game time and we’ve seen the knock on effect of taking Fab or Hendo out of midfield, it can’t be Phillips or Williams, Kabak is such a no brainer even from a purely cynical moneyball perspective I really don’t understand why we aren’t gonna take that option up, I’m hoping we just trying to Debo Schalke with them being relegated and the talk about these 2 being kept around next season is being fed to the journos just to give those 2 confidence for the run in.

As long as they're not all out at the same time. I wasn't aware of Konate's history injury but I would've thought those 4 would have been enough. Once recovered VVD can seamlessly partner whoever's fit like in the past. If Gomez has another injury ravaged season tho :upsetfavre: But yeah out of the rest, Kabak is the best option even with his temperament and recklessness.

If he's happy to ride the bench for most of the season then 18m is a no brainer. :yeshrug:..I hear you tho, we should've had someone on at least Lovren's level to replace him. What's shocking is how much the quality drops once we lose access to our regulars. How the fukk is Adrian a back up to Alisson? Even Arsenal had Leno/Martinez, Man U De Gea/Henderson/Romero. I can't think of any serious team who would have Adrian as a back up. Maybe Chelsea is comparable but I would take Kepa over Adrian.

Same with the defenders. FSG try to be cheap and they will lose some real money fukking around. Adrian cost us a CL tie we had in the bag.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
He’s played well given his ability compared to others but even tonight we’re 5 mins in and he’s keeping people onside being 3 yards behind everyone else, he fukked up a pass that we should have been punished for and our :mjpls: fans gonna give him a pass and unfortunately it’s sounding like Kloppo even giving him a pass cause he sees himself in him :bryan:

Yh they're gassing it. I didn't see a MOTM performance

Him and Williams = heart attack inducing football

Personally Thiago was my fav player today

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
So many teams defecated the bed the past couple of weeks.

Lisbon missing out on an undefeated season against Benfica in the Lisbon Derby :hhh:

Monaco went out like hoe ass nikkas against PSG when it mattered most. Beat em twice in the League but lose in the Coupe de France while letting that bum Icardi score :scust:

Atalanta letting this fraudulent Juve win the Coppa Italia. Happy for McKennie but still :stopitslime:

LC losing against Newcastle. Ndidi and Kele might miss out on UCL :francis:

Hopefully Lille finishes the job this weekend. Same with AC Milan and Napoli...

United and Chelsea better not let me down

Some sorry ass pumpernickel teams man. Straight up sourdough soft:snoop:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
You need a system that limits his passing. Ramsey was a way better passer than Willock.

Willock could be like Dele Alli with Pochettino. I’m not convinced that’s a winning system though.

Actually interested to see what the club does. Bissouma is kinda similar to Partey. I thought they would've gone after someone like Aouar, even though Partey has more to his game than being a DM.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
As long as they're not all out at the same time. I wasn't aware of Konate's history injury but I would've thought those 4 would have been enough. Once recovered VVD can seamlessly partner whoever's fit like in the past. If Gomez has another injury ravaged season tho :upsetfavre: But yeah out of the rest, Kabak is the best option even with his temperament and recklessness.

If he's happy to ride the bench for most of the season then 18m is a no brainer. :yeshrug:..I hear you tho, we should've had someone on at least Lovren's level to replace him. What's shocking is how much the quality drops once we lose access to our regulars. How the fukk is Adrian a back up to Alisson? Even Arsenal had Leno/Martinez, Man U De Gea/Henderson/Romero. I can't think of any serious team who would have Adrian as a back up. Maybe Chelsea is comparable but I would take Kepa over Adrian.

Same with the defenders. FSG try to be cheap and they will lose some real money fukking around. Adrian cost us a CL tie we had in the bag.
And it’s always gonna be our problem without a sugar daddy, our first XI is the best or up there with the best in the world but that drop off is :picard: and this season has shown that Kloppo really don’t trust anybody outside them and maybe 3 others, I’m a Naby defender til I die :ufdup: and that’s probably my one and only criticism of Kloppo because I don’t think he’s been utilized the way he should have been but what we need is 16/17 players he trusts rather than what we have now which is the same XI no matter what cause he’s no faith in anybody else. I’m trying not to get caught up in the Sancho talk cause 95% chance it’s cap but a cb, mf and forward (could be Harvey :mjlit:) of some sort that he’s actually comfortable playing will make the world of difference :feedme:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
River Plate's whole squad corona'd the fukk out, gonna need an outfield player to play goalkeeper and rush someone's return from injury against Santa Fe tonight.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Actually interested to see what the club does. Bissouma is kinda similar to Partey. I thought they would've gone after someone like Aouar, even though Partey has more to his game than being a DM.
Arteta don’t fukk with central creative midfielders.

34 byke :francis:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Gonna be tough if LC lose out on UCL again. I still think Rodgers is the man for the job. They have some ways to prove themselves in EL, so let’s see.