Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was listening to a podcast featuring Peter Kenyon (former CEO of Man Utd & Chelsea for those who don't know) and he said he was most disappointed with Chelsea and Man City because, in his words, they are 'bigger than a Super League'.

Absolutely right. I hope Chelsea and Man City never again join forces with the broke boys and let them die :wow:

The Serie Ass stray as well :blessed:get this man back please, Roman.

fukk Kenyon :birdman:

We would have had Ronaldinho at United if not for him

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
And they've both won more Premier Leagues titles and been more successful than Liverpool in the last 10-15 years.

Funny how your owner's desired Super League collapsed the minute those two teams dropped out.

Chelsea and Man City don't need a Super League to survive like the Spanish and Italian clubs. Abramovich and Mansour have their own reasons for owning clubs but profit isn't one of them.

They are absolutely bigger than the Super League and should never have joined. I think that's the last time the brokies get their support :umad:

City and Chelsea didn't want to get left behind like other clubs did when the premier league was formed.

But this whole ESL idea was a combination of American greed and spanish desperation, trying to blow up football and fatten their pockets. People can argue about who is and isn't a big club, but this devious backdoor shyt to guarantee your places in a competition is anti competitive. Keep saying your a big club but scared to compete on the pitch.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This whole ESL thing is kind of interesting. Its like symbolism for colonialism, except I you wouldn't really expect it to happen to European countries.