Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ:at Kenyon think they are both bigger than what they have been associated with in the last 72 hours just because they have both been brought out by filthy rich owners

He has a short memory, I remember when City were in the 3rd tier of the football league and Chelsea were in the 2nd tier of the football league

Neither will ever been the 2 biggest clubs in English football, certainly not in my lifetime
That will always been Man U and Liverpool
And they've both won more Premier Leagues titles and been more successful than Liverpool in the last 10-15 years.

Funny how your owner's desired Super League collapsed the minute those two teams dropped out.

Chelsea and Man City don't need a Super League to survive like the Spanish and Italian clubs. Abramovich and Mansour have their own reasons for owning clubs but profit isn't one of them.

They are absolutely bigger than the Super League and should never have joined. I think that's the last time the brokies get their support :umad:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
And they've both won more Premier Leagues titles and been more successful than Liverpool in the last 10-15 years.

Funny how your owner's desired Super League collapsed the minute those two teams dropped out.

Chelsea and Man City don't need a Super League to survive like the Spanish and Italian clubs. Abramovich and Mansour have their own reasons for owning clubs but profit isn't one of them.

They are absolutely bigger than the Super League and should never have joined. I think that's the last time the brokies get their support :umad:
The fact that they didn't need to join but still joined just points to the smallness of City and Chelsea :hubie:

Daps

And neither would have been possible with out both team selling their souls to filthy rich owners

If Chelsea didnt getting CL qualification in 03 on the last day of the season and Levy wasnt such a tight arse in his business dealings, history could have been a hell of a lot different than what it is now. It could have been Spurs that Abramovich brought.

Man U and Liverpool are both self sufficient with or with out the Super League and really only joined up to try and keep up with both your spending ( and the fact we both have shytty owners who treat both clubs like a business and not a vanity project like yours do, I will admit that one )

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Ehhh, fair play to the fan channels on getting involved the more the merrier.:manny:

Though, is kind of strange they are latching on to protesting greed while surely banking off it.:sas2:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The fact that they didn't need to join but still joined just points to the smallness of City and Chelsea :hubie:
It also points to the only reason they joined was because their owners couldn't stand the thought of actual big clubs taking off and leaving them behind.

How are City's owners going to establish themselves as big players and launder their image on the world scene if they're not in the ESL? Soon as they realised joining damaged their image more than potentially being left out would have, they were GONE.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:russ:at Kenyon think they are both bigger than what they have been associated with in the last 72 hours just because they have both been brought out by filthy rich owners

He has a short memory, I remember when City were in the 3rd tier of the football league and Chelsea were in the 2nd tier of the football league

Neither will ever been the 2 biggest clubs in English football, certainly not in my lifetime
That will always been Man U and Liverpool

Wasn't that in 1983?:flabbynsick: