Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Pointing out hypocrisy isn't smart. It isn't insightful.

Ok, Bayern, UEFA, Pep, Gary Neville... They're not perfect. They're hypocrites. They did some crazy shyt before. Ok cool.

What the fukk does this have to do with the merits of the Super League?

If you think the SL is cool make your case. If not make the other case. No need for all the "yeah but UEFA are evil too!" We know. UEFA isn't trying to set up a closed league though. There's a reason why their reformed CL was not met with this level of vitriol.
Because their motivations are transparent af, I don't know how anybody could watch that disgusting post match show yesterday and not see clean through what this is all about and how they are trying to use the fans as a cover for their own greedy and selfish motivations, I'm not here for it :scust:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

tenor.gif

And there it is :laff:

Watch Florentino take credit saying he saved football by putting pressure on UEFA :lolbron:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
nikkas think this shyt is Football Manager :mjlol:
Pep is supposed to wake up one day like, “time for me to take Cagliari back to the top:blessed:

Yeah it's such a shyt talking point. Klopp been relegated, damn near took Dortmund down as well. The comparisons are tired, Pep is generational, Klopp was hot for a minute.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Is this serious? The Champions League is basically a closed league. Perez was right about no one caring once we get to the quarterfinals because we want the dream matchups. UEFA knows that, which is why the best nations are protected. Which is why the Champions League has teams that finished fourth place.

I don't want the Super League, but I also don't want the UEFA or the PL either. WE need to start thinking bigger about what we want and how to attain it. Going back to the old thieves ain't the wave either.

How is the CL a closed league? :stopitslime:

I remember teams like Deportivo, APOEL, Leicester making it to the latter stages of the competition. If West Ham finish 4th or higher they will make it in. Man United has missed out on qualification several times. Arsenal... :mjlol:

I agree that the allocation of places to the CL is too lopsided. If I had my way only champions of leagues would be in the competition. But it's not a closed competition.

I think the monstrosity of this idea has shocked a lot of people into realizing that yes, football has been fukked up for a while, and also, even by football's fukked up ness today, this new proposal is 10 times even more fukked up. The final step I hope the sport makes is to not only dead the Super League, but use this opportunity to fix the sport for good at the league and intercontinental level.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Because their motivations are transparent af, I don't know how anybody could watch that disgusting post match show yesterday and not see clean through what this is all about and how they are trying to use the fans as a cover for their own greedy and selfish motivations, I'm not here for it :scust:

Then ignore them if you need pure messengers. Listen to the fan groups. Or are they tainted too?

As for me I don't need my messenger to be perfect. This is the most pressing issue now, once it's deaded we can return back to middle east dictators owning clubs, leveraged buyouts, England getting 4 spots, Sky...

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Is this serious? The Champions League is basically a closed league. Perez was right about no one caring once we get to the quarterfinals because we want the dream matchups. UEFA knows that, which is why the best nations are protected. Which is why the Champions League has teams that finished fourth place.

I don't want the Super League, but I also don't want the UEFA or the PL either. WE need to start thinking bigger about what we want and how to attain it. Going back to the old thieves ain't the wave either.
Exactly this is what I said last month in regards to the new format
This only works for me if you include more champions from the other leagues and reduce non-champion places but it won’t as evidenced by the 2 slots reserved for historical clubs it’s just a money grab and an attempt to stave off the inevitable super league.

This is what I said about FFP
Good, FFP was bs to start with as I don’t agree it should be a closed shop (Citeh still broke those rules regardless :ufdup:), at least we can drop the pretence that the rules are actually worth shyt :manny:

Hopefully hastens FSG selling up too as it was a big reason for them buying in the first place :ohlawd:

So I am completely opposed to a closed shop and don't like the SL at all but that doesn't mean I'm going to fall for the okie dokie from these lot either :ufdup:
Yeah it's such a shyt talking point. Klopp been relegated, damn near took Dortmund down as well. The comparisons are tired, Pep is generational, Klopp was hot for a minute.
Still afraid to just address me you coward? I'm the only one who's said anything about Pep :birdman:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
There are no heroes here, just who is less of a villain.

I'll side with the competition that you have to qualify for.

Exactly this. United, Arsenal and Spurs have not even been guaranteed to be in the CL in the last few years. How is that not completely different to a league where their league position doesnt matter?

I didnt realise that since everyone isnt a saint, They cannot talk. Again, UEFA and FIFA are far from perfect and require a reform and that is the way to a solution to what is obviously a problem but that is still better than a league run by the teams competing in it for trophies that wont matter since they're going to make tons of money regardless. Let's not forget the impact on the citys when they start taking matches global.