Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No I don't think he should but I'm not gonna hear about fairness and success being guaranteed from a guy that chose Bayern who dominate that league and steal from everyone else and City with their blank checkbook and has spent well over 200m on fullbacks :dead:

There's plenty of challenging interesting projects out there that aren't Bayern and City, he's perfectly entitiled to go where he pleases and I get it the dude just wants to build the perfect football team :ehh: but he's the last person to be talking.

Mr wear my yellow ribbon and talk about Catalan prisoner's human rights and look what happens in his employer's back yard :scust:

This i agree with because as a supporter of the club and someone who is constantly arguing with racist cacs about rights i have to check myself. we cant make the idea of perfection make good seem like it is the ultimate evil and thats teh case ive been arguing about ESL. just becuase uefa and every other body is corrupt doesnt mean that we accept whats presented to us right now as the only option.

maybe in any other industry or realm id be for the fukkery of all of this happening but for some reason football its not okay with me because its literally the only hobby of mine that i can put everything aside. (i sound like the nfl cacs to an extent):lolbron:

edit: the first line tough i have to say if we had more owners who just wanted to win and play and compete with fund city and chelsea have i truly dont believe we would here right now. instead we have let owners who have experience in hostile takeovers and look at this purely as a means of funding other projects. id rather have my owners than these goofy welfare king owners who think they should get a bigger piece of the pie for existing

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Pretty much what @Roberto Firmino is saying.

Pointing out hypocrisy isn't smart. It isn't insightful.

Ok, Bayern, UEFA, Pep, Gary Neville... They're not perfect. They're hypocrites. They did some crazy shyt before. Ok cool.

What the fukk does this have to do with the merits of the Super League?

If you think the SL is cool make your case. If not make the other case. No need for all the "yeah but UEFA are evil too!" We know. UEFA isn't trying to set up a closed league though. There's a reason why their reformed CL was not met with this level of vitriol.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
A club with money, but are not willing to spend.
United is a terrible example you know what I’m saying and you know why that is a terrible example don’t be obtuse cause you feel some way about me calling out your guy :mjlol: I ain’t mad at Pep and I’m really not mad at City despite how it might come across, any season if we don’t win it I want it to be them and I think FFP is nonsense I believe they should have been able to do what they did (while people being realistic and acknowledging it for what it is) my issue has always been signing up to the rules then the blatant disregard of them, I’ve just no time for the soapboxing.

This i agree with because as a supporter of the club and someone who is constantly arguing with racist cacs about rights i have to check myself. we cant make the idea of perfection make good seem like it is the ultimate evil and thats teh case ive been arguing about ESL. just becuase uefa and every other body is corrupt doesnt mean that we accept whats presented to us right now as the only option.

maybe in any other industry or realm id be for the fukkery of all of this happening but for some reason football its not okay with me because its literally the only hobby of mine that i can put everything aside. (i sound like the nfl cacs to an extent):lolbron:

edit: the first line tough i have to say if we had more owners who just wanted to win and play and compete with fund city and chelsea have i truly dont believe we would here right now. instead we have let owners who have experience in hostile takeovers and look at this purely as a means of funding other projects. id rather have my owners than these goofy welfare king owners who think they should get a bigger piece of the pie for existing
Dude I am fully against both even though I’m now Team Rebel :birdman: and I hear what you are saying and it’s not about being holier than thou to be able to criticise it but I just have no time for the hypocrisy when it’s about money and greed for them all they just got outdone this time which is what they really pissed about, they ain’t all putting on the full court press like this because of us fans and I just can’t believe some of the people being lauded as heroes and that’s before we even get into the difference in energy between this and racism.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Pointing out hypocrisy isn't smart. It isn't insightful.

Ok, Bayern, UEFA, Pep, Gary Neville... They're not perfect. They're hypocrites. They did some crazy shyt before. Ok cool.

What the fukk does this have to do with the merits of the Super League?

If you think the SL is cool make your case. If not make the other case. No need for all the "yeah but UEFA are evil too!" We know. UEFA isn't trying to set up a closed league though. There's a reason why their reformed CL was not met with this level of vitriol.
Is this serious? The Champions League is basically a closed league. Perez was right about no one caring once we get to the quarterfinals because we want the dream matchups. UEFA knows that, which is why the best nations are protected. Which is why the Champions League has teams that finished fourth place.

I don't want the Super League, but I also don't want the UEFA or the PL either. WE need to start thinking bigger about what we want and how to attain it. Going back to the old thieves ain't the wave either.