Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The Premier League rule that would give the “Other 14” the greatest chance to prevent the ESL breakaway would appear to be Rule L9. Here it is:

“Except with the prior written approval of the board, during the season a club shall not enter or play its senior men’s first team in any competition other than:

L.9.1 - The UEFA Champions League
L.9.2 - The UEFA Europa League
L.9.3 - The FA Cup
L.9.4 - The FA Community Shield
L.9.5 - The Football League Cup or
L.9.6 - Competitions sanctioned by the County Association of which it is a member.”

As you can see, “Lucrative European Super League” is not on that list.
There is an actual rule :ehh:

Now let's see if they have the balls to punish them.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Can’t lie, the hypocrisy I am seeing from the likes of Pep, Sky, BT, the UK Government, UEFA, FIFA etc makes me want to see the Super League actually happen just for the fukkery :mjgrin:
Same between that shameful after match stuff from Sky and all the rank hypocrisy as you mention, people actually bigging up scumbags like Boris and William getting involved :scust:

I'm joining the Rebel Alliance :demonic:

Still an awful idea but I want to see it happen now let it all burn:mjgrin:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
your club broke rules and got punished our club broke rules and the courts said nah.

you been in this thread with your what about-ism for teh past few days. its strange. im not about to argue because ultimately i know we want the same thing right now. but i had to say something. also what is pep supposed to do as the best manager in the world go from barca to eibar to aberdeen:beli:. gave klopp credit for speaking up no one said how much of a c*nt he is when he did it was fair play. but you still on your weird tribalism shyt :pachaha:
I'm just calling out the hypocrisy :manny:

Everyone is getting it I don't care who you are, Carra got it last night so it's nothing to do with tribalism :mjlol:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
We’re in the middle of the history rn and I straight up hate it fam :francis:

It's going to be chaotic but this was the next logical move.

Folks will get used to this. Then the competition will evolve. Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Portugal will get invites to help their domestic leagues. They will create a 2nd tier European tournament.

I know this is The Coli but go easy on that lad. :whoa:

Gotta respect the passion. :mjcry:

He's wild for this. The game he's talking about died a long time ago. If you want that go down the football pyramid but at the top, it's been about the money.

Looking at the alternatives, hoping a billionaire buys you isn't a viable option.

No disrespect to the brehs in England but the Premier League hasn't been English for a long time. These aren't your local clubs anymore. You're no different than the Lakers or Dallas Cowboys.

The time to think about the fans was in 1992 and in the 2000s when TV and Internet exploded.

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

tenor.gif

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

Like I've been saying bad dikkheads all round, got multimillionaires talking about the rich stealing from the poor and people think these are their heros sticking up for us little guys :mjgrin: if it's all about the fans why players worrying about what this means for bonuses :russ:

Another agent reported how, within hours of the announcement, two texts had dropped from players about financial consequences for bonuses, which are worded with regards to UEFA competitions.

£50m Bruno Fernandes on near £200,000 a week going on about things being bought, give me a break it's a little late for that :mjlol: