Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Because they are poorly ran like most clubs across Europe.

So they keep winning titles but lose immense amounts of money because they are run poorly? Is it because they overpaying players?

Seems like something is fundamentally broken over there if the teams run themselves into the ground like that to win. Usually teams will overspend money but if they win they will make that back in spades elsewhere.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Hey, how is a supposed big team like Real Madrid losing hundreds of millions of dollars? Is that a real number or some fugazi accounting? The Dallas Cowboys couldn't con anyone into believing they losing money over there.

No salary cap
Spain isn't that rich
La Liga is a shyt show too.

Barcelona have even bigger issues. Nine figure transfer fees + players making 600K or more a week, it's not sustainable.

He's not wrong on this.

The Champions League has become stale. Same teams, boring matches. I don't know if this helps but I do miss the old days.

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
So they keep winning titles but lose immense amounts of money because they are run poorly? Is it because they overpaying players?

Seems like something is fundamentally broken over there if the teams run themselves into the ground like that to win. Usually teams will overspend money but if they win they will make that back in spades elsewhere.

Barcelona and Real madrid are still the biggest earning teams. So they can afford to spend. Then Covid hit them hard.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
"Champions League is attractive only from the quarterfinals. Nobody cares about the games before."
Perez is 100% right about this. The competition is kinda watered down.

But truth be told, we all knew this was coming since Real Madrid and Barcelona were forced to share a bigger piece of the TV rights revenue with the other Spanish Clubs a few years back.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Barca and Real Will be alright with or without ESL. It's the smaller clubs that's gonna feel the burn.

I wonder how Barca's Presidential election would of went if members knew how Leporta felt about the ESL

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Doesn’t he want out Liverpool ? I thought the word was he wanted more money?
Yea he's leaving on a free in the summer, he really thinks he should be on a par with the top earners, Mo, Virg, etc :russ:

He's clearly checked out a while back I have no idea why he continues to get minutes it's disgraceful :scusthov:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Yea he's leaving on a free in the summer, he really thinks he should be on a par with the top earners, Mo, Virg, etc :russ:

He's clearly checked out a while back I have no idea why he continues to get minutes it's disgraceful :scusthov:
Where’s he gonna go lol?