Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kobe-Bryant-photographed-by-Andrew-D.-Bernstein-after-defeating-the-Philadelphia-76ers-in-Game-Five-of-the-NBA-Finals-in-Philadelphia-PA-June-15-2001-819x1024.jpg
Someone said this will be Mbappé in 2030 after winning his 8th consecutive UCL final against Aston Villa. :russ:

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
but that's what American owners will want. That's the end game.. Capitalism doesn't sleep..
Looks like there will be some type of salary cap

Another key attraction is the introduction of new cost control mechanisms.

Super League clubs have committed to spending only 55 per cent of their revenues on “sport spending”, such as player salaries, transfer and agent fees, according to people familiar with the terms. Currently, European clubs typically spend 70-80 per cent of their income on footballers’ wages alone.

The competition’s structure would resemble that of “closed” North American sports leagues, where franchise owners enjoy reliable profits and team valuations have risen steadily over time.

That model has proved lucrative to many billionaire US backers of the Super League. This includes: John W. Henry who owns Liverpool and baseball’s Boston Red Sox; the Florida-based Glazer family that owns the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Manchester United; and Stan Kroenke own several US sports franchises such as Los Angeles Rams, as well as Arsenal.
Subscribe to read | Financial Times

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not wrong on this.

The Champions League has become stale. Same teams, boring matches. I don't know if this helps but I do miss the old days.

And it's gonna be the same ole matches In the Super League.

Unless you talking bout the straight knockout days. What exactly is different now then say 10 years ago? Other then different players and Coaches.

Champion League like everything else it's all about the matches.

My early memories off watching CL, were the absolutely boring matches involving Juventus. Most CL, WC, Copa, AFCON, Gold Cup or as matter of fact, most games period are boring unless its a team you support.

Babyshambles

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
That's going to happen.

Water breaks where they will sell advertising. They missed a trick with this during project restart.

Please no. One of the greatest things about football is just getting to kick back for 45 minutes at a time, without interruptions. I love the NBA, but I can't get myself to watch a live game with all the time-outs/ads. Gets me right out of the game.