Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
The more I’ve thought about it the less shocking it is. Let’s be honest this has been rumored for years but COVID sped things up.

This has nothing to do with elites wanting to compete solely with the elites, it’s purely to do with avoiding competition which ultimate affects their profits. These big teams are in huge debt and rely heavily on qualifying for the CL to cover that but teams like Arsenal & Utd have struggled to qualify for it over the years. Now with COVID fukking up their finances even further they’re probably thinking ‘why should we compete with the likes of West Ham to qualify for the CL when our brand is the reason the CL is so popular?’.

This simply guarantees them large sums of money rather than having to earn it. It’s no coincidence Kroenke owns NBA & NFL and sees the guaranteed money and thinks the same should happen in Europe. Add that JP Morgan is funding it all. I wouldn’t be surprised if the finals are played in Dubai or America.

The beautiful game is done for good. The sell of Chelsea to Roman was probably the start of the end.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The more I’ve thought about it the less shocking it is. Let’s be honest this has been rumored for years but COVID sped things up.

This has nothing to do with elites wanting to compete solely with the elites, it’s purely to do with avoiding competition which ultimate affects their profits. These big teams are in huge debt and rely heavily on qualifying for the CL to cover that but teams like Arsenal & Utd have struggled to qualify for it over the years. Now with COVID fukking up their finances even further they’re probably thinking ‘why should we compete with the likes of West Ham to qualify for the CL when our brand is the reason the CL is so popular?’.

This simply guarantees them large sums of money rather than having to earn it. It’s no coincidence Kroenke owns NBA & NFL and sees the guaranteed money and thinks the same should happen in Europe. Add that JP Morgan is funding it all. I wouldn’t be surprised if the finals are played in Dubai or America.

The beautiful game is done for good. The sell of Chelsea to Roman was probably the start of the end.

The irony of Arsenal and United struggling because the owners taking potential transfer money away for their own gains is why theyve struggled to to qualify for the CL.

concise

Veteran
Daps

Which would be wrong.
People tune in to see top players. If Cristiano Ronaldo moved to West Ham or Rangers or Basel instead of Juventus, people would still be tuning in to watch them compete in the Champions League.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Confirmed on Sky Sports that Chelsea and Man City weren't pushing for a Super League but joined for fear of being left behind.

Basically all the broke boys are behind this.
This makes it even worse :francis:

If Man City and Chelsea stayed in CL it still would've worked. City, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Villa, Leeds are still big enough.

Roma, Lazio, Napoli, Atalanta works for Italy.

Germany and France are still in and only major loss would be La Liga.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills

To me that’s short term thinking cos these owners aren’t getting that there’s nothing stopping them from becoming West Ham or Everton or Real Betis or Fiorentina or so on. Like Ozil said players haven’t grown up to play in the SL and for those who do...again with Tottenham and I guess Arsenal or maybe even Atletico, what is their draw in aside from being in a major city?

Daps
With this being pushed by the American owners and them wanting it like American sports with closed league, no promotion or relegation

Do you think they will want to scrap how we buy and sell players aswell and have it like you do over there with trade offs etc ?