Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i said current form. Nobody cares about NFL pre-Super Bowl era. Many of the franchises weren't around. There's no loyalty to the Jaguars and families haven't lived in the same area for nearly as long.. it's a country of transplants.

NHL isn't "American" only.. most of the teams that matter are Canadian. That's why i didn't mention them. imagine Montreal and Toronto leaving and Ottawa and Calgary left behind with no chance of winning the Cup. Canadian people would say that's dumb as hell..

I'm American and this is 100% a crock of shyt. Places like Carolina, Tennessee, Jacksonville and Arizona were over the fukking moon to get NFL teams. Almost every NFL game sells out or nearly does REGARDLESS of a teams place in the league. And people HAVE lived in those places for HUNDREDS of years. But what you fail to understand is people take their team loyalty WITH them. There's plenty of Giants fans that live in Ohio for instance..that doesn't mean the Bengals don't have millions of fans...because they do.

Also, your NHL argument is dumb as hell to considering the last Canadian team to win the stanley cup was Edmonton in 1990 :russ:
The NY Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins, Washington Capitals, Jersey Devils and Chicago Blackhawks have ALL been more relevant and made more money than Canadian teams for the past 20 years. You are talking out of your ass.

But to your point, if the NHL made this choice it would be basically Original Six, Pittsburgh, Washington and probably a couple west coast teams. But the set up isn't the same. The most profitable teams have also been the most successful in the past 20 years. The same isn't so for the Super League where Arsenal, Spurs, Man U and even Liverpool have all been mediocre for the better part of a decade.

that's the thing....there was always hope that one small team would break through.

look at Norwich for example. When I first went to England in like 2005 they were relegated so we went for cheap...now they're in the fukking PL this year :mindblown:

Teams like that that vacillate between Premier and Championship level always made it exciting.

They don't want another Leicester even though that was the best story in the EPL since "AGUEROOOOOOOOO".

But look at who OWNS Leicester.

I personally think this is a way for them to keep China/Asia money out of western football.

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

all these owners are shytty humans. but the americans have to be on another level. so you go to another country to buy a team (we have teams here) you arent satisfied that you actually have to invest in the team like a real busines. you use the teams as a cash cow for youre other franchises. Yet you think some how you should never be at risk of being relegated or missing out on European football. then you are on a call with uefa and you know whats about to happen and you still want to talk about FFP as if your LEGACY team cant spend money and others cant. what a bunch a shyt.

lets be honest for how big US is the structure of our leagues is shyt in comparison. i think promotion and relgation is one of the most beautiful things in sport. when i started supporting city i never really thought we would win PL anytime soon it was a shot in teh dark to me. now many fans/players/staff of many clubs wont even be able to dream. and if youre not able to dream whats the point. as exciting as it is to watch city and united face off in PL or barca madrid. its just as moving when you lose to the stokes and sunderlands on a jammy goal and just as exciting when you win there away.

b b but theo what about city. THEY CAN fukk OFF TOO! honestly its made me lose any type of excitement for this years potential trophies. im sure it will return next week if we are even allowed to participate. but this is a shyt show.

with that said i can see chelsea and city making a U-Turn in the next week. they have the luxury of being backed into a corner and that being published. this especially if UEFA truly tries to sanction them THIS season by removing them same goes for if PL does the same. fukkERY IS AFOOT

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
all these owners are shytty humans. but the americans have to be on another level. so you go to another country to buy a team (we have teams here) you arent satisfied that you actually have to invest in the team like a real busines. you use the teams as a cash cow for youre other franchises. Yet you think some how you should never be at risk of being relegated or missing out on European football. then you are on a call with uefa and you know whats about to happen and you still want to talk about FFP as if your LEGACY team cant spend money and others cant. what a bunch a shyt.

lets be honest for how big US is the structure of our leagues is shyt in comparison. i think promotion and relgation is one of the most beautiful things in sport. when i started supporting city i never really thought we would win PL anytime soon it was a shot in teh dark to me. now many fans/players/staff of many clubs wont even be able to dream. and if youre not able to dream whats the point. as exciting as it is to watch city and united face off in PL or barca madrid. its just as moving when you lose to the stokes and sunderlands on a jammy goal and just as exciting when you win there away.

b b but theo what about city. THEY CAN fukk OFF TOO! honestly its made me lose any type of excitement for this years potential trophies. im sure it will return next week if we are even allowed to participate. but this is a shyt show.

with that said i can see chelsea and city making a U-Turn in the next week. they have the luxury of being backed into a corner and that being published. this especially if UEFA truly tries to sanction them THIS season by removing them same goes for if PL does the same. fukkERY IS AFOOT

City and Chelsea oligarch and state owners have not invested all this money to be on the outside looking in when the new crown jewel of the game drops man. This setup is the stuff of dreams for them too. I think PSG will come around too but I expect the German teams to stick to their guns and get left behind.

This Super League bullshyt :hula: UEFA's bullshyt

and see this is partly why I dont blame the ESL clubs. they're tired of being dragged along by UEFA bullshyt. the scheduling does these clubs no favor, theyre adding extra fixtures, the big clubs draw a lion share of the attention but the revenue split doesnt reflect it. "so fukk it we'll take it all and just run this shyt ourselves." I get it :yeshrug:

Let these nikkas fight and I'll be there for the next United kickoff.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Super League final in Miami.

giphy.gif

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The guest team can get a huge income increase one year and then nothing after until the SL lets them back in.
:bryan:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
City and Chelsea oligarch and state owners have not invested all this money to be on the outside looking in when the new crown jewel of the game drops man. This setup is the stuff of dreams for them too. I think PSG will come around too but I expect the German teams to stick to their guns and get left behind.

and see this is partly why I dont blame the ESL clubs. they're tired of being dragged along by UEFA bullshyt. the scheduling does these clubs no favor, theyre adding extra fixtures, the big clubs draw a lion share of the attention but the revenue split doesnt reflect it. "so fukk it we'll take it all and just run this shyt ourselves." I get it :yeshrug:

Let these nikkas fight and I'll be there for the next United kickoff.

i feel what youre saying and you are absolutely right bout city and chelsea. it only makes sense.

the shameful part is UEFA coulda justbeen doing teh right thing pushing for better scheduing all along same for PL. the money will be there and be made regardless of schedule.

i truly only fukk with ESL if all teams can get into it same fashion as champions league. ill get over these BS owners trying to prevent themselves from not qualifying if it means the likes of villa, norwich etc have teh ability to dream of one day qualifying. almost every game ive seen city play in person has been against a "small club" and those games are jsut as important as the big ones breh. its easy for united fans city fans arsenal fans right now to say ah well ill still watch. but what happens to those 72 plus english football teams and same for every other country involved with it.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The NY Rangers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Detroit Red Wings, Boston Bruins, Washington Capitals, Jersey Devils and Chicago Blackhawks have ALL been more relevant and made more money than Canadian teams for the past 20 years. You are talking out of your ass.
most valuable nhl teams

rangers
leafs
canadiens

don't get it twisted