Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Boris Johnson vows to ‘make sure’ current European Super League plans don’t go ahead

I said I'd side with the devil himself earlier, now I'll make good on that claim. If Boris pulls it off and I were an Englishman I'd honestly have to vote for him at the next election just for that

:stopitslime::mjtf:

That scumbag is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, Brexit, children living in poverty, billions of public money being lost to croynism and so much more.

fukk him.

Daps
Confirmed on Sky Sports that Chelsea and Man City weren't pushing for a Super League but joined for fear of being left behind.

Basically all the broke boys are behind this.
Yeah that doesn't surprise me , City and Chelsea are not run like a business and don't need the money
The other 4 are run like a business, especially us, we buy young and sell for profit, then use that money for the expensive buys like VVD AND Alisson

I really hope this doesn't happen and then FSG might f off
Thank you for getting us a league title like you did the Red Sox but they can go now .

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
That's one hell of a leverage though.

It is for sure. On the other hand, they have the ability to increase their earning potential.

Ultimately, this could just be a hard negotiating ploy. I think they ultimately settle with the big clubs getting a larger share of the CL revenue.

Think about it this way. Clubs are losing millions from ticket sales while still generating billions for UEFA in terms of TV rights and distribution.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
Where is this fallacy coming from that all the teams are somehow owned by Americans who will rule the roost and somehow make all the decisions everyone will ?simply fall in line and follow?:

Let's look at the facts:

Manchester City: Owned by an Emirati group
Tottenham FC: Owned by a British investment company
Chelsea FC: Owned by Roman Abramovich, a Russian
Real Madrid: Owned by its club members
Barcelona FC: Owned by its club members
Atletico Madrid: Majority shareholder is from Israel
Inter Milan: Owned by a Chinese conglomorate
Juventus: Owned by an Italian business family

Only AC Milan, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd (by owning majority of the shares outstanding) are owned by majority US shareholders.
This might come from the composition of the ESL board where Glazer, Kroenke and Henry are vice-chairmen alongside Agnelli and Perez (chairman).

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
:stopitslime::mjtf:

That scumbag is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands, Brexit, children living in poverty, billions of public money being lost to croynism and so much more.

fukk him.

I'm not English, so accept my apologies please. I had him down as a generic right wing politician, I didn't know he was personally culpable for the pandemic in the UK

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mourinho is done but it seems odd to me to sack him now unless they are so desperate for top 4 that they think making a change now gives them an outside shot or theyre tired of the circus

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
It is for sure. On the other hand, they have the ability to increase their earning potential.

Ultimately, this could just be a hard negotiating ploy. I think they ultimately settle with the big clubs getting a larger share of the CL revenue.

Think about it this way. Clubs are losing millions from ticket sales while still generating billions for UEFA in terms of TV rights and distribution.
A top footballer has like 3 or 4 chances to play the WC in his career (let alone winning it) while he could play this ESL every year. Not sure they would choose the money IMO.

I do agree this is those clubs wanting the bigger share of money but they look like they are passed negotiating :lolbron: I dont see any way to come back from that.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not English, so accept my apologies please. I had him down as a generic right wing politician, I didn't know he was personally culpable for the pandemic in the UK

He is a racist piece of shyt as well. An all round scumbag in every way possible.

He and his party are right now facing accusations of unreal levels of corruption and he wants to talk about football matters that have fukk all to do with politics.

If he dropped dead today and we got a Super League the world would be a better place.

concise

Veteran
Daps

Well, he's still got a long way to go to reach Stalin.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I don’t even like to sound like snob but the American sports model will never work for football. I could list several reasons why it won’t but I’ll just summarise it by saying it’s a terrible idea.

This has nothing to do over with this fake American concept of “parity” because if that was the case, Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal owners wouldn’t have been front and centre lobbying for the big six to have voting/veto rights over team takeovers. They just want to protect their profits.
It's almost as bad as the healthcare model that UK almost accepted by the way which would get people killed

• Dap
Reactions: EA