Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
It's not though really is it with regard to a closed shop
Are Arsenal still in it year in year out now the fans got their wish and got rid of Wenger, they have not been in it since his last season when he didnt qualify for the first time in like 20 years

Spurs as well haven't been in for a couple of years now and we might not get in it for next year if we don't make the top 4

So yes it is to do with merit from the season before if you don't get top 4 you don't get in it and as our league is very competitive the top 4 can change from season to season.

Yeah I understand other leagues usually always have the same usual suspects entering it but even their league are starting to become more competitive
Juventus might not get in it this year , which will be like the first time since they got relegated for match fixing
Come on now :usure: a couple of teams might change, Juve might miss out for the first time in how long, you know the point I am making. It is the same teams from qfs onwards every year almost, you can pick 10 teams and will hit on 6/7 at least, it's just a shyt argument especially when the new CL format is increasing the gap between the haves and have nots. Again I hate both ideas, I am a massive advocate of more places being given to the lesser champions and I would happily see the Prem's places reduced to 3 or even 2 even though it would mean us missing out more regularly probably because that's what I want to see more variety and different teams not the same shyt every year.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Come on now :usure: a couple of teams might change, Juve might miss out for the first time in how long, you know the point I am making. It is the same teams from qfs onwards every year almost, you can pick 10 teams and will hit on 6/7 at least, it's just a shyt argument especially when the new CL format is increasing the gap between the haves and have nots. Again I hate both ideas, I am a massive advocate of more places being given to the lesser champions and I would happily see the Prem's places reduced to 3 or even 2 even though it would mean us missing out more regularly probably because that's what I want to see more variety and different teams not the same shyt every year.

I agree re constant expansion of CL by Uefa but this ESL idea is :hhh:

As predictable as the CL may be, every few years we get the Monacos, Ajaxes, Porto etc who wouldn't feature in the ESL. There's always the possibility of Ajax giving a team like Real the beats

The ESL will just be the start, if these Americans have their way we would probably have 4 quarters with loads of ads in between and hardly any football :mjlol:

Daps

I see your point, and yeah let's say we did what you suggested and limit the places for let's say all the top 5 leagues to 2 spaces each. We then give them extra spaces out to other leagues who normally fall at like the qualifying rounds or leagues who don't get places to make it more fairer all round.

From the qfs we would still have the same teams each year and it would be the ones from the top 5 leagues every time
Do you think one of the lesser leagues say like the Romanian league or Belarus league is going to have a team get past the top teams once it get to the knockout stages ?

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I agree re constant expansion of CL by Uefa but this ESL idea is :hhh:

As predictable as the CL may be, every few years we get the Monacos, Ajaxes, Porto etc who wouldn't feature in the ESL. There's always the possibility of Ajax giving a team like Real the beats

The ESL will just be the start, if these Americans have their way we would probably have 4 quarters with loads of ads in between and hardly any football :mjlol:
I don't like either idea I just think it's ridiculous talking about closed shops when the CL practically is and is what FFP was designed to do.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Yh depending on how this turns out I might have to boycott out of principle, a bunch of capitalist American billionaires and JP Morgan re-directing football :hhh:

wouldn't be surprised to see all matches being played in fukking dubai and china

If the Champions League still continues it'll be fukking lit. Ajax, Benfica, Roma, Sevilla, Porto, OL, Celtic, Rangers, Monaco