Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think the Superleague idea is such a short sighted decision by a lot of the clubs joining. And some of them have too much faith their domestic leagues won't just back FIFA/UEFA and ban them from domestic competition unless they drop a heavy bag in negotiations.

At the end of the day this is just the big clubs from 3 countries wanting a yearly "Champions League" were they can make more money initially and guarantee participation no matter what. But if national leagues stand their grounds, they are fukked, imo.

By 2025 the novelty of seeing these teams compete in an NFL-like format will wear thin because I don't see them grasping the "every week/match matters" feeling the NFL has. At the end of the day no one gives a flying fukk about Arsenal facing Juventus or AC Milan playing Atletico. shyt, by year five, I don't think people will get as hyped about Manchester vs Real or Barcelona vs Liverpool after they've seen it every damn year. And I have a hard time picturing them being able to create rivalries with such a short ass pool of teams.

We know money will make or break this though. I don't think anyone should be shocked if the Superleague is able to replace the UCL as the primary European competition after they are able to negotiate with FIFA an obscene amount of money for the rights to stay in national competitions and letting players play in international football
:manny:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

:rip:

*edit* seems to be fake news.

Some Bayern fan was trolling and these accounts believed him. :mjlol:

That 49% commerical share of the Bundesliga club is the saving grace. Only Leipzig would sign up for the Super League.

It’s eventually gonna include MLS teams, if this really takes off.

They will. More teams like Rangers, Celtic and the other European teams will follow suit. Probably their own versions of League 1 and 2.