Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I see your point, and yeah let's say we did what you suggested and limit the places for let's say all the top 5 leagues to 2 spaces each. We then give them extra spaces out to other leagues who normally fall at like the qualifying rounds or leagues who don't get places to make it more fairer all round.

From the qfs we would still have the same teams each year and it would be the ones from the top 5 leagues every time
Do you think one of the lesser leagues say like the Romanian league or Belarus league is going to have a team get past the top teams once it get to the knockout stages ?
You will still see much more variety and I think that with the added money those teams and leagues are getting (due to solidarity payments, etc) you will eventually see the gap lessen.

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Football has been going downhill over the years anyway, flashy players like Neymar are being phased out & teams are all about results fukk playing good football. The Super League just cements it

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the sport equivalent of launching a strike then negotiating a ceasefire or detente.

Do we seriously believe all these clubs will be ok with being kicked out of domestic competition next year? Or that the leagues will stay firm on this? There’ll be some sort of climb down, but it does seem like a PR disaster for the clubs.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Milan, Spurs and Arsenal being invited to a super league
0sbegm215uf31.jpg

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
I sound dramatic but this is making me feel sick.

Imagine signing up to join a tournament that is chaired by A SITTING PRESIDENT of Real fukking Madrid :gucci:

We already question their favourable treatment in Europe and now you wanna tell me that they will OFFICIALLY be running this bytch? Competition integrity already in the mud and a ball hasn't been kicked :gucci:

Watch Real Madrid win like 7 of the first 10 titles

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

UEFA panicking like a mf. They got no legal leg to stand on :mjlol:. Talking about we gonna sue....they don’t own the game or these teams.

Next step is what happens if they ban the players and those countries’ FA say “fukk fifa” we gonna create our own international competition :skip:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I sound dramatic but this is making me feel sick.

Imagine signing up to join a tournament that is chaired by A SITTING PRESIDENT of Real fukking Madrid :gucci:

We already question their favourable treatment in Europe and now you wanna tell me that they will OFFICIALLY be running this bytch? Competition integrity already in the mud and a ball hasn't been kicked :gucci:

Watch Real Madrid win like 7 of the first 10 titles

... because they are the best ... :ufdup: